Should I really be eating this many calories?

Options
According to MFP and my FitBit I should be consuming around 2200-3000 calories a day depending on whether or not I work (as a baker a physical job) and or I workout. Can this be true? If it is how do I break up that many calories?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It doesn’t sound unreasonable if you are very overweight and/or really tall... if you entered all your information correctly then I would trust it. Worst case you don’t lose weight and you adjust in a few weeks.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Use the base numbers MFP gives you and then half of the fitbit calories.
    Approximately how many steps are you getting in on a work day?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't "double book" your exercise - MFP does not take exercise into account when it asks for your activity level. You're supposed to log and eat back exercise calorie instead (but it's smart to just eat back half). These numbers are just estimates anyway, you have to log pregress and then adjust targets to your real results.
  • notperfect2015
    notperfect2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So far today I’m at 14,240 steps, that’s work and then walking 2.5k home, and yes I’m overweight so I guess that can account for some extra calories.

How do I break this up throughout the day so that I’m not eating everything in the house when I get home?
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    So far today I’m at 14,240 steps, that’s work and then walking 2.5k home, and yes I’m overweight so I guess that can account for some extra calories.

How do I break this up throughout the day so that I’m not eating everything in the house when I get home?

Meal prep and take meals with you. You can measure your calories and control your intake better.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    totally legit - i'm 5'3" relatively active and i maintain on 2500cal a day

i found breaking my MFP diary into time periods rather than meals helped - so i just focused on eating as needed/when i got hungry - i keep lots of quick snacks/food on hand (precooked chicken, sweet potato, granola bars etC)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

I tend to eat my fitbit calories the following day.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Check that you have set your profile to lose weight and not maintain or gain.

Other than that the more someone weighs as well as being taller and younger the more calories.