People that hit their protein goal everyday, what do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    84g of 1600 calories. (ETA: ideal-ish weight at my height is ~105 lb).
    mainly from leaner meat, yogurt, cottage cheese. A bit more from food bars, peanut butter, some vegetables. I usually meet it. Most seafood is ridiculously high in protein per calorie, so on days where the meat of choice was shrimp/mussels/salmon, etc, I'm usually over by a fair bit.

examples:

Yesterday:
    (only a real-ish meal with meat at lunch, otherwise eating on the run - before gym, after gym at work computer, on the way to run, at salsa after run, late night after salsa)
    xj5n3scmzww0.png

Monday:
    (Lunch soup main components were cabbage and ground turkey; dinner was actually at home for once after running group)
    49ocvni6doyz.png

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I hit my protein goal almost every day by consuming kefir or yogurt, bread, ice cream, meat, fruit, and vegetables.
    I make my own bread and include chia seeds in my recipe. That's how I get protein in my bread. A large banana actually clocks in with 1 gram of protein. Weird but true.

Oh, yes, there is also a vegan protein shake in my lunch. It's not really cheating.
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, eggs, light soymilk, and protein shakes/bars.
  • ServusChristi
    ServusChristi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great northern beans and edamame fettuccine are my high protein, high potassium, and (in the case of the edamame) high iron foods.