Calorie Confused...

Options
I purchased some De Cecco Whole Wheat Spaghetti and realized that on the box, it says the serving size is 2 ounces. It does NOT say if this is 2 ounces cooked or dry, and obviously the weight is different before and after cooking. I checked De Cecco's website to see if they clarified this there, and they still only say "2 ounces".

I have been eating 4 ounces of this pasta cooked and entering it as double a serving size, which doubles the calories! I just want to know if I'm entering this wrong, it's 180 calories for a serving size and having to double it is killing me!

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,749 Member
    Options
    You should be very happy to know that 2-ounce serving for dry pasta, so you get considerably more than that cooked!
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank god lol I was HOPING it was for dry pasta, but since they don't clarify that on the box I overanalyze and, well...haha.

• PJilly
    Options
    Thank god lol I was HOPING it was for dry pasta, but since they don't clarify that on the box I overanalyze and, well...haha.

One way you can tell is by reading how many servings are in the entire package. If the package weighs 16 ounces total and has 8 servings in it (or 12 and 6), you know the serving size is dry. Now go enjoy your pasta!
  • PJilly
    Options

One way you can tell is by reading how many servings are in the entire package. If the package weighs 16 ounces total and has 8 servings in it (or 12 and 6), you know the serving size is dry. Now go enjoy your pasta!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I think 2 oz of uncooked pasta makes 1 cup of cooked pasta.