Peanut butter recipes

Options
Amellej
Amellej Posts: 197 Member
I am loving peanut butter at the moment and would love some ideas on what to do with it aside from eating it in a sandwich

Thanks in advance:smile:

Replies

• halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I put it in oatmeal, on bananas with chocolate chips and bake it, in cookies, and use it in a peanut sauce (with chicken, noodles and veggies)
  • engakwasdky
    engakwasdky Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack for the moment is half a mashed banana, about 1/2 cup of oats, and a few chocolate chips mixed together and scooped out onto a baking sheet like cookies. Bake at 350 and flip after a few minutes to get both sides baked. I've been adding in a little bit of peanut butter when I have some extra calories for the day, and it makes for an AMAZING snack that satisfies my sweet tooth :)

I've come up with several different calorie counts, but with 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips and no peanut butter it comes out to around 300 calories for four small cookies.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Mix one table spoon peanut butter with some sugar free chocolate pudding and microwave for about 10 seconds. Tastes like a Reece's!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My newest quick and easy snack is 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp of Nutella on the same spoon and down it.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mix one table spoon peanut butter with some sugar free chocolate pudding and microwave for about 10 seconds. Tastes like a Reece's!

How much sugar free pudding?
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Be careful, peanut butter is very calorie dense. 190 calories/16g of fat for 2tbsp. Some people think of it as healthy or a protein source but it can easily ruin your diet if not consumed in moderation. I could easily eat a whole jar of peanut butter if I wanted, and would eat it in every meal if it was low in calories & fat
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    peanut butter cookies
    peanut butter on a spoon
    peanut butter on banana
    peanut butter on apple
    peanut butter in shake
    peanut butter in oatmeal

. . . . .

peanut butter-kabobs
    peanut butter creole
    peanut butter gumbo
    Pan fried
    deep fried
    stir-fried
    There's pineapple peanut butter
    lemon peanut butter
    coconut peanut butter
    pepper peanut butter
    peanut butter soup
    peanut butter stew
    peanut butter salad
    peanut butter and potatoes
    peanut butter burger
    peanut butter sandwich
    that's about it
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

How much sugar free pudding?

About 11/2 cups.
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hunnybcs
    hunnybcs Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is good melted. I usually take 2 tsps of pb, melt in microwave for maybe 10-15 seconds. ( be careful not to burn it) Then you can use it for a dip with strawberries, grapes, anything. Lately I been eating with almonds too! :laugh:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Put PB on anything--apple slices, graham cracker, rice cake, wasa cracker, banana slices--and sprinkle with cinnamon.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/

That company has some good different kinds of peanut butter. The white chocolate wonder and the dark chocolate dreams are great. I just eat them off the spoon.