Under estimating?

Options
janelleginnetto
janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I'm a 5'2 216 pound female about to turn thirty. I did this before was successful and than I let life get in the way.

I'm wondering if linking a step counter to this app is helpful and since I don't log my exercises would eating some of my cals back be okay.

I lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks, weighing once a week. Hopefully it's water retention, but I work 10-12 hour nights in a steel factory so some nights I hit 15000 steps or more.

Any advice would be great. Thanks for looking. Feel free to add me as I'm very active on this site. I love it

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    I am confused as to your goals if you're *hoping* its water weight loss as opposed to hoping it is lost fat.

Having said that I'm going to assume that you fear it's just water, as opposed to hoping it is :wink:

15,000 steps not accounted for as a seperate exercise correspond to the *upper limits* of mfp's "very active" activity level.

It is likely that you both can and SHOULD be eating much more while continuing to achieve your weigh loss targets.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary, and you are consistently eating under on your calories. I know it's not a lot, but MFP has already calculated a deficit and the calories you've been given are a target to meet, not eat under. If you are clocking in at 15k steps daily, you'd be considered "active". If you set your MFP settings to reflect that, it will most likely increase your daily calories. You can link your fitbit to your MFP account and set it to adjust for negative calories. It will give you a better read on your calories burned daily.
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey I just wanted to give a quick answer because we have eerily similar stats. Im 28 weigh 215 and work at a steel plant. I got a fitbit flex last week and ive consistently gotten around 15000-18000 steps a day. Ive been eating around 2500 calories a day for the last month and have been losing 2 lbs per week.As much as I move a work I couldnt survive off 1600 calories a day. I need at least 2000