Breakfast help needed

Options
Anyone have any healthy, low carb, on the go breakfast ideas for this busy college student?

Thanks

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There's high protein bars. There's expensive, and there's cheap.
  • TheFlyingMouse
    TheFlyingMouse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You get what you pay for in protein bars. This is easily seen by checking the labels. I have been terrible at breakfast lately, but I find that fruits are ideal for me. A banana or orange (meal replacement drinks are ok every now and then) work great, and unlike 99% of the cereals out there that are nothing but hollow calories you will feel satisfied longer. Some yogurts are great also, and contain probiatics, fiber, and other healthy nutrients. The down side to even the good ones (my favorite is Danon Oikos Triple Zero) is that they do contain some sodium, and usually a minuscule amount of sugar which is really offset by the fiber and overall low calories as long as you stick to the serving size. Find something that works for you. Best of luck.
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don’t really like a lot of traditional breakfast items except eggs. There cheap quick to make and you can hide veggies in them. I like soups for breakfast I find them filling and they stay with me.
  • 2annabelle64
    2annabelle64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bake up some eggs in muffin tins...whisk together eggs with whatever sauteed veggies you like, stir all together and put into very well greased (I use pam type spray or silicone baking cups) muffin tins and bake til they're set. Toss in a bit of grated or crumbled cheese before you bake. You can store them in the freezer and reheat in microwave. Yummy!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bake up some eggs in muffin tins...whisk together eggs with whatever sauteed veggies you like, stir all together and put into very well greased (I use pam type spray or silicone baking cups) muffin tins and bake til they're set. Toss in a bit of grated or crumbled cheese before you bake. You can store them in the freezer and reheat in microwave. Yummy!

Yes to all of this! I make these all the time. You can throw anything in them you like and then in the a.m. just grab a few and go. Easy peasy.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have a griddle I just heat up a couple eggs, cook them over hard while I’m getting ready. Or I’ll make pancakes on the weekend (I just got a mix at Marshall’s that have 24 G protein!) and microwave them during the week.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I like oats, in the morning I weigh oats into a plastic snap lid bowl, pour boiling water over them, then add frozen berries and greek yogurt, when I'm ready to eat, I stir it all together
  • Sammisummers
    Sammisummers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt with fruit
    Eggs on toast
    Oats, very good as they keep you feeling full
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you eating low carb to lose weight? You don't have to do that. You lose weight when you eat less. Don't eat on the go. You didn't get overweight by not having time to eat. Eat breakfast at home. Real food. Any food you like. That is healthy.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    anything can be breakfast if you eat it in the morning.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like to fry up some baby spinich with spring onion and mushrooms then I toss in two beaten eggs for a tasty omelet. Nice with hot sauce. Keeps me full till lunch time and only takes. 5 minutes.
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Greek yogurt
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great for breakfast. They are an excellent source of protein and a rather inexpensive. I make mine in one of these.

I also have a breakfast sandwich maker that I love.
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you’re in a rush chuck a banana, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a cup of almond milk and two tablespoons of chia seeds (soaked in almond milk the night before) Into a blender, blitz it for 20 seconds and pour it into a reusable cup - and off you go! It’s my breakfast of choice just now, fast, yum, healthy and keeps me full.