Scales have finally moved but its slowwww.

Options
dave_in_ni
dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I originally lost 60lbs, I maintained that for over a year, at Christmas I gained 6lbs. People kept saying it was water weight, I'd loss it quickly. Just this week I have lost 1lb since, thats with religiously tracking everything and eating 1500 cals per day. I don't recall weightloss being this slow previously thats with me doing everything the same as I'm doing now, I'd usually loss 2-3lbs per week at 1500 cals. Don't get me wrong I am well within my healthy BMI range but the aim is to get bodyfat down.

Replies

• dave_in_ni
    Options
    I didn’t think it was possible to gain 6lb in the space of a week. I think I’ve proved it is considering how long it’s taking to shift.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    without seeing your diary, all any of us can tell you is that you are likely eating more than you THINK you are. if you are not using a SCALE to measure foods, and using the correct database entry, its easy to do.
  • dave_in_ni
    edited January 2018
    Options
    without seeing your diary, all any of us can tell you is that you are likely eating more than you THINK you are. if you are not using a SCALE to measure foods, and using the correct database entry, its easy to do.
    Everything is weighed and measured . My diary is public
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    Everything is weighed and measured . My diary is public

i can tell you just by looking at the entry for today that you're not using a scale for everything. 1 apple. 3 biscuits, 1 slice of bread, 1 cup of soup, 1 small banana, etc

• 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    I didn’t think it was possible to gain 6lb in the space of a week. I think I’ve proved it is considering how long it’s taking to shift.

Water retention can cause significant weight gain depending on its cause.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    package estimates can be up to 20% off.

just sayin.

that can wipe a deficit out if youre doing it for everything. which... it seems you are.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    I weigh all biscuits and see if the total weight corresponds to the weight on the package and check the data base entry for acuracy. This way I only have to do it once for a whole pack. Then I weigh the next again. I also do this with bread. Saves me lots of time
  • dave_in_ni
    Options
    package estimates can be up to 20% off.

just sayin.

that can wipe a deficit out if youre doing it for everything. which... it seems you are.

I am in a daily 600 calorie deficit though
  • dave_in_ni
    Options
    so far this week you have eaten gross 1100, 1200 and 1300 cals. really?!

why are you eating so little? given your history of threads on here for the past year there's a fairly good chance of adaptive thermogenesis.

or, looking at your diary, you're not accurate with your logging...

rice is always exactly 60g? veg is always exactly 100g? chips are exactly 100g? a scoop of protein is always exactly 27g?

Yes really, why would I lie? I have been very strict with myself because I fear getting fat again. I don’t think I’ll ever shift that fear. Once I saw 6lbs on after Xmas it was panic stations and the diet began.

Yes the like a rice veg is always weighed as I have no way of judging otherwise.

Adaptive thermogenesis I take is something to do with metabolism lowering? Would probably why I can gain weight easily when eating very little.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A question from sheep to goat: Looking through your diary I also wonder if you never use oil for cooking. That really packs in calories, even if it's just a teaspoon.