Support will help me lose it!

Options
I've been in denial about my weight since I graduated high school. I've gained 40 pounds in the last 4 years and I am so ready to change my life!

I'm 21, 5'8, and I weigh 220 lbs. My goal is to weigh 170 and I've set myself up to lose 1 and 1/2 pound a week. Getting to the gym isn't a problem for me - neither is eating healthy during the day. However, when night time rolls around it's a whole different story. I come home and want to decompress and that's usually my time to graze around the kitchen. It's also my time to have two glasses of wine or two beers. So, I have to cut out the alcohol - another hard step!

I'd love to gang up with some people that will support me in my weight loss and that I can support back!

Replies

• brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will give you some support! This really does help when you have people motivate you and to see that they are going through the same things you are. I was the same way about eating in the evenings wen I'd come ome from work, but not anymore. You'll get there and as they always say....if you have it in your head tat youre ready to commit and do it then you are 1/2 way there. :bigsmile:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Me Too Me Too!! especially after I put my kids to bed, it was my time to relax and enjoy something without hearing "mommy can I have some of yours" add me if you want, I'll help support you!
  • jaj06760
    jaj06760 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also 21 and have gained some unwanted weight since high school. It sneaks up on you!!! I'm 5'5" and weigh 160. I'm trying get to 145. Will be glad to offer any support! :flowerforyou:
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the grazing and alcohol thing! My advice about giving up wine or beer is to NOT give it up. I usually fit 2 glasses of wine into my day just so I don't feel deprived... The MAIN thing is to not feel deprived! Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • littlekowboy
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to this site and I would love to give you support as I could use it myself! I have apprx. 40 lbs. I would like to lose. I am 35 and after I had my kids I have consistenly struggled with my weight. I had struggled before I had kids but not to the extent of what I do now! I have tried soooo many diff. programs and had minimal success. I am hoping to find permanent long lasting success this time around!
  • nikolerock
    nikolerock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've always done 80% of my eating at night. Eating healthy from breakfast on and stopping by 7PM has been my greatest challenge too. Good luck!