Italians and white pasta

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
How come Italians are so skinny when they eat that evil while pasta all the time?

CARBS ARE EVIL! Why doesn't someone tell them?

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Don't forget all the wine they drink... they drink a lot of wine.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and how about the French and all that cheese and pate they eat all day? Should that be a new thread?
  • rml_16
    Options
    Cheese is protein, so it's OK. But cheese has fat, so maybe not.

I don't know, man. I just don't know.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Cheese is for baby cows!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to generalise. You should have said "those Europeans" not "those Italans".

p.s. you forgot to mention the pizza
  • rml_16
    Options

Cheese is for baby cows!
    MMMOOOOOO!
  • rml_16
    Options
    You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to generalise. You should have said "those Europeans" not "those Italans".

p.s. you forgot to mention the pizza
    That, too.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    How come Italians are so skinny when they eat that evil while pasta all the time?

my guess is that they are able to stay so skinny from all the gondola paddling and gesture making.
    that burns cals.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    The same reason why asians eat white rice and are still skinny.
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options
    did someone say cow?

1374817251480.gif
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Maybe because it is all homemade and fresh? Also don't they eat their heaviest meal early then a light dinner? By the way I only eat white also because I can't do whole wheat and I have been losing weight..all in moderation I guess..
  • rml_16
    Options

my guess is that they are able to stay so skinny from all the gondola paddling and gesture making.
    that burns cals.
    I know that was supposed to be a funny, but I do think there is an Italian gene for the hand gesturing thing. I do it ALL THE TIME. I don't think I could talk without my hands.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Maybe because it is all homemade and fresh? Also don't they eat their heaviest meal early then a light dinner? By the way I only eat white also because I can't do whole wheat and I have been losing weight..all in moderation I guess..
    Lies. All lies.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Ok.....I'm in just cause i love pasta and like 1/8th italian somewhere in my bloodz lolol

tumblr_lz23t7xWIf1qdt4r8o1_r3_500.gif

but for a serious answer... I think its because they eat much smaller portions than we do, more frequently, they drink ALOTZ, they are more active than we are generally they can walk everywhere, they use much more basic ingredients generally, more healthy fats than we do olive oil for daaayz
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I have lived in Italy for 10 years...... and yes....italians love their pasta and breads and pizza. BUT they are very much into portion control. You will rarely see a huge portion of pasta being served as it is their PRIMO....their first dish. Then they have a protein and vegetables. And at dinner they do not have any pasta. It is only protein and salad or veggie. Well, at least the ones I know eat tlike this and yes.... they are quite lean. i guess I learned a little something from them :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

that burns cals.
    I know that was supposed to be a funny, but I do think there is an Italian gene for the hand gesturing thing. I do it ALL THE TIME. I don't think I could talk without my hands.

then youre lucky! think of all the cals youre burning!
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options

that burns cals.

I talk with my hands even when I'm just on the phone. :-)
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I have lived in Italy for 10 years...... and yes....italians love their pasta and breads and pizza. BUT they are very much into portion control. You will rarely see a huge portion of pasta being served as it is their PRIMO....their first dish. Then they have a protein and vegetables. And at dinner they do not have any pasta. It is only protein and salad or veggie. Well, at least the ones I know eat tlike this and yes.... they are quite lean. i guess I learned a little something from them :)

a diet where i can eat pasta and stay skinny.... mmmm gimmie gimmie gimmie..... all the more reason i want to live in italy

italy_cat_nomming_pasta_gif_by_hannahmeyers-d4fuwts.gif
  • rml_16
    Options

that burns cals.

I talk with my hands even when I'm just on the phone. :-)
    LOL

Me, too! Sometimes I forget and pull the phone away from my ear to gesture. My grandmother is full Italian, so I'm 1/4.

Everything thinks I'm Irish, though. :-/