Any Tips!?

I am on day 3 of trying to create a new me. I am not sure of a diet yet... need some healthy food tips! Also I am a mom of 4 and my youngest is 6mths so I am trying to get rid of this belly and love handles :) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Skinless chicken breast
    Eggs
    Tuna or other more expensive fish (but not too much in one week)
    Broccoli and other greens (nix the fatty salad dressing if you that route)
    Low fat greek yogurt
    Skim milk
    Steal cut oats (these things keep me feeling full for forever)
    ....water....
    Some nuts to get that good fat
    All low fat natural vanilla ice cream to reward yourself every once in awhile.
  • not a fish fan! but chicken has been my go to food.. mostly chicken salad with light ranch.. lol :) don't know how healthy that is but.. and mornings I just eat a granola bar and for snack.. fresh fruits.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Start with the basics... get your calorie intake where it should be (worry about the type/quality of food later) and get some exercise (worry about what you're doing, how oftten, how long, how intense, etc later)
  • ElliottTN
    not a fish fan!

I am not either but hot sauce and Tony's creole seasoning make everything taste Fin amazing and fish is REALLY healthy for you.
  • ElliottTN
    Important tip #2:
    Stop listening to doctor Oz
  • lol... I don't watch Dr. Oz... but thanks for that tip... I guess? :)
  • Start with the basics... get your calorie intake where it should be (worry about the type/quality of food later) and get some exercise (worry about what you're doing, how oftten, how long, how intense, etc later)

This says I should consume 1250 cal. per day.. I keep going wayyy under.. is that bad?
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Start with the basics... get your calorie intake where it should be (worry about the type/quality of food later) and get some exercise (worry about what you're doing, how oftten, how long, how intense, etc later)
    This. Move your body and be mindful of what you eat. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, too. (I know how hard that is with a little one)
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185

This says I should consume 1250 cal. per day.. I keep going wayyy under.. is that bad?
    Yes. Eat more, especially if you are nursing.
  • Start with the basics... get your calorie intake where it should be (worry about the type/quality of food later) and get some exercise (worry about what you're doing, how oftten, how long, how intense, etc later)

Yes. Eat more, especially if you are nursing.
    Not nursing due to heart medications but yes getting enough sleep is difficult but I manage.. thanks!!! I just don't see how eating more will help me lose weight...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

Yes. Go back and read some of the stickies/help/intro topics.
  • ok. THANKS!!!