Non-food Rewards For Milestones?

Options
Are you rewarding yourselves for pounds/inches lost or other fitness milestones? How are you rewarding yourself (non-food related) and for what milestones?

Replies

• KatieNicole95
    KatieNicole95 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Following this!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My reward was weightloss and is weight maintenance :)
  • klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Once I meet my 145lb milestone-(only 6lbs to go, yay!) I’m going to get some nice new workout clothes and sport bras. I’m currently sporting old ugly sweats and my husband’s old t shirts :smile:
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Once I hit the 50 lb lost mark (the weight on MFP is from my highest not my starting) I plan to get a new ear piercing lol
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Clothes shopping - from somewhere other than the back of my closet!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I'm going by pounds lost - B&B weekend getaway with my husband to a somewhat local town I've been dying to go to at 10% - going horseback riding at 25% - a hot air balloon at 100lbs down - for my ultimate goal weight, going to Iceland - my #1 want to visit place.

These are things that are on my 'bucket list' and things I really want to do - just like losing this weight, so I thought tying them together would be motivating.

You have fun rewards!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    smaller clothes are my favorite reward
  • CSmithSexy
    CSmithSexy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got a rewards list for 5lb milestones. My goal is to lose 50lbs, which gives me 10 rewards. Small goals work better for me, because when I'm struggling, I've not got as far to go for my next treat. The more I lose, the bigger the reward. My favorite lotion from The Body Shop, flowers for my home, a pedicure, a day off work, cleaning out my closet (SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE). The final rewards being new clothes and trip to Rome with my husband. I want to be fit enough to do and see everything while we're there!
    Good luck to you!
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I’m rewarding myself for every 7lb loss with a trip to the hairdressers, hopefully will be going again next week as I should (fingers crossed ) be over 14lbs lost mark. I think new clothes will need to be a reward at some point too.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I love rewards! Although losing weight and feeling better is my biggest reward, these things give me something else to look forward to also.
    Here’s my list:

Goals:
    Under 100kg: Fitbit ✅
    95kg: Massage/ hair done or new shoes (nearly there!!!)
    90kg: Horse trek with hubby/ daughter
    85kg: Clothes shopping (because nothing will fit at this point!)
    80kg: New perfume
    75kg: Weekend away with hubby
    70kg: Clothes shopping (again.... I love new clothes!)
    65kg: Holiday with hubby/ daughter

I also set time-related goals along the way, too... for example, the current is 88kg by the end of term 2 (6 July). The first goal like this I smashed, and it felt great!

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I tried rewards, but they never worked for me. No reward was ever as satisfying as simply meeting the goal I set for myself.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    I tried rewards, but they never worked for me. No reward was ever as satisfying as simply meeting the goal I set for myself.

Yeah, I occasionally think of something I want, but don't really need and tell myself I can have when I have been logging fo X days or go to Y yoga sessions.

But mostly, I just get what I want.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    klr1981 wrote: »
    Are you rewarding yourselves for pounds/inches lost or other fitness milestones? How are you rewarding yourself (non-food related) and for what milestones?

After I lost a certain amount of weight, and built up my cycling strength, I cycled up the local mountain which is a bit of a challenge.

I was also able to get back into one of my cycling jackets, rather than having to buy a new, bigger one. That was nice.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a non-official list for myself, things could change with my rewards. I'm coming up to 10 lbs lost, and I don't have anything planned. Maybe I'll buy a new phone case, it's been on my to-do list for a while.

At 20 lost, I want to get a funny new workout tank, like "I work out to carry more books" (I work at a library.) At 50, I'm thinking a fitbit or garmin. I want to know I can commit to losing weight before spending the money on it. I've bought fitness/step trackers in the past, and I always give up on them and working out. I want to be fit enough for Disney, whatever weight loss mark that happens at. I don't want to ruin the experience with seatbelt extenders, being too big for rides, too out of breath to walk the park.

My ultimate reward is to be fit enough for pregnancy. To carry a healthy baby and not run the risks and complications of being severely obese. I'm at risk for multiples, and my BP is already too high for a safe pregnancy according to my doc.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »

I find that the best rewards are the ones that reinforce that feeling. For example, my next reward (2lbs to go!) will be some nice new socks. I love good socks, and every time I wear them I'll reinforce the fact that I met my goal and that I feel great about it.

https://www.happysocks.com/eu/women-1/womens-socks/
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I do "shopping items" like clothing and workout gear for simply being consistent. Yesterday, I bought new workout tights and a running shirt for not being hungover and going for a walk instead.

My main motivational mini milestones are every 0.6kg (about 1.5lbs), which is the size of the butter tub I used to buy. Every time I hit another 0.6kg, I buy myself flowers, and I also go to the store and see what that many butter tubs look like. The flowers are a nice thing to do for myself and they remind me every time I see them, but the real motivation comes from counting my weight loss in butter tubs.