Logging exercise for next day

Options
I exercise late around 7 pm. If I burn 500, for example, can I log those calories burned for tomorrow and eat them tomorrow? That way tomorrow I have my 1200 daily allowance plus the 500 calories of today's exercise:? Can that be done daily?

Replies

• crisma1974
    crisma1974 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hope my question is not confusing.
  • crisma1974
    Options
    I would like to do this everyday. That way, I can plan my day better.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can do that daily if you like. Some people even bank some calories for the weekends.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not.

Lots of people prefer to track their weekly calories rather than daily. As long as you're averaging a calorie deficit over time, you'll lose weight.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can look at calorie allowance for a week instead of every day. I save my calories for the weekend so I can eat more.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Its basically banking exercise like folk bank calories :smile: so yes, it'll work nicely.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Yes, but how do you measure your calories? 500kcal for a workout sounds like a lot for most.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Yes, but how do you measure your calories? 500kcal for a workout sounds like a lot for most.

Agree with @yirara, you can certainly count your calorie window that way. As others have stated many users will go by their weekly balance more than their daily to shift calories to certain days and/or events. The accuracy of calorie expenditure measurement is suspect at best depending on the method and activity performed and the estimates in the MFP database aren't all that much better.
  • crisma1974
    Options

It is just an example. I usually burn around 400 per my heart rate monitor. I do 1 hour of Zumba daily and it varies each day.
  • crisma1974
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »

Agree with @yirara, you can certainly count your calorie window that way. As others have stated many users will go by their weekly balance more than their daily to shift calories to certain days and/or events. The accuracy of calorie expenditure measurement is suspect at best depending on the method and activity performed and the estimates in the MFP database aren't all that much better.

I like the idea of banking the calories burned.
  • crisma1974
    Options
    By not eating the calories burned that day, I can better plan for the next or the weekend. Love it. Thank you.