Thoughts on bread?

Options
A lot of people say that carbs are a "no" when it comes to weight loss. Do you think that a couple of slices of bread is going to prevent someone from losing weight even if the total amount of calories consumed per day is not overreached? In the past while I tried to lose weight, my nutritionist and I noticed that my body had a hard time metabolizing certain kinds of complex carbohydrates (especially pasta). It's been a few years since then and I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds by myself now and I was wondering if I could have avocado toast for breakfast again without sabotaging my diet.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    Options
    C a l o r i e s
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It's yummy. I usually eat at least 2 slices daily.

Really it's all a matter of eating less than you burn in a day (not just exercise burn, but total burn including resting calories). Nothing is off limits and I lose as long as I keep a calorie deficit. Seriously I eat pizza, lean meats, lots of veggies, the occasional candy bar, and well you get the point. Balance and moderation.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I have issues with carbs (gluten sensitivity) and avoid normal bread. I have been able to tolerate sprouted grain breads like Ezekiel and gluten-free breads/pastas.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Bread is a difficult trick to turn on a keto way of eating. Barring such arbitrarily chosen limitations, it is certainly available within your calorie budget.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    reminds me i have to make peanut butter bread i have some homemade strawberry jam waiting for it...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    x7g8xna8w341.jpg

OH this is so me with bread! :lol: I make sure to fit any kind of bread into my daily calories.