Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you know what is causing this?

Lack of the 3 F's Fibre/fat/Fluids?
    Medication?
    Undereating?

As for the weight question, I'd guess at least 2-3kgs of waste would be sitting inside of you. I have only just recovered from a long and severe bout of constipation. I put on 4kgs (8lbs) during that time which has dropped off now that I'm back to normal.

But the excess weight is the least of your problems... 2 weeks with no movement must be excruciating! You may be of serious risk of impaction. I hope your doctor treats this seriously when you go tomorrow.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have found that Mirilax is very mild and the couple times I was super constipated it took Milk of Magnesia to produce a BM
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    TxTiffani wrote: »
    I have found that Mirilax is very mild and the couple times I was super constipated it took Milk of Magnesia to produce a BM

Yeah Miralax didn't do anything for me.

Castor oil worked :(
  • Ryansworld84
    Ryansworld84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thats quite a long time, something isn’t right
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Two weeks with no poop? Please contact your doctor or head on down to urgent care. You might need more than a plain water enema to get things moving. You don’t have an impaction yet or you’d be in agony. If you get clogged, just keep in mind that the only solution is “manual removal”.

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Have you severely restricted your calories to the point that there just hasn't been enough in there to produce a poop?

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Something is way off with your body, two weeks is far too long not to go potty! Get yourself to the doctor pronto!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Well it all depends on your intake. How much are you actually eating? If you are eating substantially then I would worry about why you have not in over 2 weeks. If you become impacted this can cause serious problems. I am also sure it is not good to have what basically is toxic waste just sitting in your intestines.

If you are only eating 500 calories a day as some has said, you might ask yourself why? Your not gonna do your body any good restricting some many calories. Your doing more harm then good I am sure with your internal organs. I am also sure you cannot maintain this kind of eating long term so you need to find something that you can manage and stick with it. Weight loss might be even faster then you think.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yikes that sucks. The longest I've gone is about a week and a half and the poop that followed was excruciating. Like giving birth LOL.

Glad to hear you're going to the doctor. I wonder if he'd prescribe something like they give for colonoscopy prep. For my prep, I had Ducolax and Pico-Salax and that cleared me out really well. Ducolax stimulates the intestinal walls to contract, so it's a good way to get things moving.

Good luck!
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    6-8oz of warmed prune juice daily will aid in regularity a considerable amount. HOWEVER, at this point, Kelly here needs to be seen by a doctor, probably a team of doctors. This has gone light years past annoyingly constipated, this is becoming a medical emergency.

Is Witchaker the same person as kellypoetry and poetrywise?
  • KelBlundell
    KelBlundell Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hope you got this sorted!

I come in quite late on this largely because I was seeing if other people have problems with constipation and weight loss.

I have IBS and frequently stay clogged for 1-2 weeks, or at least no full movement. So what happens is my weight slowly goes up and then I finally manage a release and I lose 5lbs.

While the advice says weigh yourself at the same time every week, actually with this condition that's not helpful and so I tend to weigh weekly and after a BM and plot rather sporadically as a result.

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, if your diary is correct.

I went for two weeks between them once. Miserable. Also when I learned that if I didn't at least periodically eat 1600 calories a day, that things were generally miserable, and also then explained all the years of what I thought was constipation.

You. Need. To. Eat.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I am constantly constipated too. So is my husband. And so *was* his father who is gone now. I blame the cancer of the liver that killed him on constipation. He was constipated for weeks. So, although that’s extreme pls do sth about this now. I actually make what I call “poo cookies” using a modified Aussie Bites recipe but no sugar & with flax & chia seeds, oats, coconut oil & small bits of dried fruit. They’re not the greatest tasting but 1 or 2 seems to work on us. I see that you’re doing pro-biotics, pre-biotics, I hope you’re doing kefir, yogurt & filmjolk & any other fermented drinks to help you. The other things that have helped us: tons of vitamin c, prune juice. Be well & take care!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Did everything come out okay @witcherkar?
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of chocolate and maybe get a liquid drink you enjoy to help you. Good luck!!