Reborn to MFP....I left. I came back. I'm quite a bit heavier now. Should not have left...

Options
Well, I have used MFP on and off (mostly off) for several years now. So as of January 8th of this year, I was at my heaviest weight...ever. Even heavier than I was with each of my kids at 9 months preggers. I know how I got here. What irks me is that I literally watched it happen. Oh my God it makes me so mad. I just let it happen. So one day I woke up, and I looked in the mirror, which is something that I avoid at all costs. I was disgusted. I literally wanted to hide. I don't know what made this particular day different than any other, but I made a commitment to myself to take the time for ME to get healthy. I made a commitment to cook the foods that are good for ME to eat. It's hard with a family. You want to make the evenings easy, so you just eat what they eat. Well I can't do that. I decided to take my round self to the grocery store and buy foods that are good for ME. I decided to take breaks during my work day and get some exercise for ME. It's something that really made me feel guilty before. It's hard to get used to and some days I still feel selfish, like I should be spending that time baking or cleaning or whatever. I've decided that I don't feel guilty. I feel unhealthy and that has absolutely got to change. So I changed. I'm hoping that this lifestyle that I have invented for myself is something that I can stick to. My husband is awesome and supportive and I feel good about it this time. I'm 37 years old. I want to look and feel good. I want the confidence that I used to have. So, I'm just going to go out and get it. Wish me luck!

Replies