Trying to get back in shape...

Options
Hi y'all!! I am Denise and i am a wife and mom of 4 young boys.
I used to be in shape and actually lost over 50 pounds after, my now 9 year old, son was born. I felt great and i really enjoyed life, then i end up pregnant again and i told myself i will be careful and not eat out of control, i will not gain a lot of weight yadayada.. long story short i gained all the weight back and i have not been able to lose it. My son is now 5 and i am still a big girl..
I am hoping i can find some friends on here that can encourage me to workout and eat healthier which is tricky with kids in the house. My husband is heavy as well and he is not really a big help in encouraging me. My older kiddos try sometimes but they also love to tempt me with candies lol

Please feel free to add me or just write me sometimes ;)<3

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Keep in mind that as parents, you get to set some rules, including decide what foods are bought and brought into the house, you are also role models to your kids, who need to eat healthy too. It would be a very good thing to get your husband on board. You can, and should, still eat yummy food.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The great thing is you have lost weight before so you know how to do it. Now its time to get back at it. As @kommodevaran says, you can regulate the food your kids bring into the house.

There's a new advert being playing on TV lately, although aimed at kids calorie intake it can apply to alot more than just kids '100 calorie snacks, 2 a day max.' Get the kids into the right way of thinking in regards to food now and when they're adults they wont be needing to shed unwanted weight.

If you truly want to lose weight you will make the effort to limit your calorie intake. Take it slowly, be patient.

All the best.
  • Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there, good luck on your journey. We have 3 kids ranging from 2 to 13. My wife has gone back to school and we live on my income only so eating healthy sometimes is a challenge both because of time and money. We've been doing pretty good though, takes a little more planning. Once the weather gets nicer we can get outside for a little more excercise now that my youngest is old enough to run around on his own.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, I'm not super active on the social aspect but I'm on here everyday logging and checking up on stuff.
  • jngrkn2013
    jngrkn2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's always good to have people who motivate encourage, and give helpful advice.. That's what we're all here for