Hello everyone

Options
Hi, I am new to this whole support system thing and also new to trying to lose weight. I’ve always been naturally skinny even though I ate junk food but i just had a baby a few months ago and I still have 15 extra pounds I didn’t lose. I don’t need to look perfect by any means. However I would like to try to exercise a few times a week and I don’t want to count calories but I do want to make some better food choices along with eating less carbs and sweets. (But not cutting them out altogether) I think this is a realistic goal for me and a step in the right direction.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not sure if you are still breastfeeding, but if so some women hang onto a little bit of weight and then lose it once they wean.

As long as you don't have any other reasons not to exercise and your Dr. cleared you to return to normal activity after the baby you should be good to go, so head out and do something you enjoy.

Many people find that including their favorite foods in moderation works better than cutting them out all together. I personally think it is a very good approach.

If you are interested this group has a few post partum women in it:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/639-post-partum-pack

~best wishes