Can you eat pizza with a fork?

cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
edited January 2018 in Chit-Chat
My friend is going on a date and thinks she'll be made fun off if she uses a fork to eat her pizza. I think it won't be an issue.

What do you all think? Is it wrong to eat pizza with a fork?

vealhplzc5nw.jpg

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    You can if you put your mind to it
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited January 2018
    If you NEED to use a fork, it's not pizza, it's pizza-reminiscint
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Or pizza-flavored,
    Or pizza influenced
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    If you eat pizza with a fork your a wuss
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Is it wrong to fork with a pizza? Exactly!
  • cee134
    I’m not sure I’ve ever eaten pizza with a fork and knife. Although if I had to, I guess I would. But what reason would I have too?
  • cee134
    It seems like it would be better to start with your hands because you can always fork with it later.
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Why can't you fork first and hands later....just saying ...i like to mix things up
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    I haven't yet but I'd if my date was, to make it less awkward; for them!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I’m not sure I’ve ever eaten pizza with a fork and knife. Although if I had to, I guess I would. But what reason would I have too?

If you are desperate for pizza and you microwave a mini pizza and it's all soggy but you don't care...use a knife and fork...otherwise it might fall apart when you pick it up, and will probably drip burning hot sauce and cheese on you, at very least onto your white shirt and stain it

...yep...I've been that desperate
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited January 2018
    cee134 wrote: »
    My friend is going on a date and thinks she'll be made fun off if she uses a fork to eat her pizza. I think it won't be an issue.

What do you all think? Is it wrong to eat pizza with a fork?

It's not wrong, but it's weird (if it's a "real" pizza) not a microwaved monstrosity

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Not at all weird.

Might be considered weird in some cultures in some contexts among people of some social classes. Seems kind of unimportant.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    I use a fork for the first few bites if the pizza is loaded with toppings. It’s easier than dropping toppings onto my shirt when the crust tip droops.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I use a fork for pizza when I go to Pizza Hut because I have salad on the plate with it, so if Im using a fork for the other things on my plate then makes sense to use it for the pizza too.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I'd eat Chicago stuffed pizza with a fork if I absolutely had to eat that pile of garbage.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Sometimes you (at least, I) downright have to fork it, especially if oven-fresh/too hot to touch.
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    First instinct would be to pick it up, that said, if its a date I'd be guided by my surroundings. Cloth napkin and white tablecloth, I'm going with the knife and fork
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    If a proper pizza then I tend to have to use a fork the middle is gooey and thin and doesn't hold particularly well unless you fold the slice, which I don't like doing as I find it doesn't last as long! :)