Brand new looking to lose 100 pounds this year!

Options
I’ve been overweight since college. I was 120 when graduated high school. I’m only 23 and since I started college 5 years ago, I’ve gained 100 pounds. I want this year to be my year of change! Who’s with me?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't think 100 pounds is realistic in one year. I needed a little more than a year to lose 50 pounds. What happens if you don't reach your goal? Or maybe this too, what happens IF you should reach your goal?
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You should make this a lifestyle change, not just a fad diet. When I was in college I gained 80 pounds, kept dieting got some off put some back. Then I found this site, I was successful, but then I stopped logging. There are many people here who have weight issues that will log for years at maintenance. Unless you are logging daily you will not know what you are truly eating. If you're serious about losing weight and keeping it off, following MFPs guidelines to your calorie deficit is important. All you need to lose weight is have a calorie deficit. Buy a food scale, measuring cups and start measuring and logging your food. You will lose weight. Maybe not 100 pounds in a year, but there is no rush when it comes to being healthy! Best wishes to you in your journey!
  • Phipppsy62
    Phipppsy62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Berr,
    Why not set small targets?
    7lb per month. Anything better, just see that as a bonus
    Jan is almost over, so for the rest of the year you could achieve 77lb just by changing your lifestyle a little

Good luck
  • NightOwl7777
    NightOwl7777 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’m with you I have the same goal for this year too. It might seem a lot but I will be breaking it down into more manageable amounts per month but there is no getting away from what I actually need to lose to be in a healthier range! What’s your plan? How are you going to reach your goals? Xx
  • vanmeter100
    vanmeter100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    100 is possible, I lost 140 my first year. Thanks and good luck on your journey....you CAN do this.
  • rich89tor
    rich89tor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is possible but might discourage you along the way try setting a goal of 2 pounds per week
  • Kschmidt64
    Kschmidt64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a Gastric Sleeve March 2017. I'm 10 1/2 months out and have lost 8O pounds so far. Went from 235 pounds and my goal is 120-130 pounds.
    Suggest a high protein diet, low fat/low carb. I went through Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids Mi. They specialize in weight loss and weight loss surgery.
    Suggest you do your homework and talk with a doctor.
    One of the best things you can do is stop all soda (Pepsi and Coke products), chips and candy. I ask myself do I really need this.
    PINTEREST is free and has a lot of great easy receipes. I have several boards there. Feel free to look or follow them.
  • mirpierce536
    mirpierce536 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is my goal for the year too! Let's do it! :)