21 day fix

Options
Does anyone use the 21 day fix? I’ve used it before and saw results. Just wondering if anyone else has too?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    And now you need it again? Was that the results you wanted?

Okay, the fix does not get a lot of love in here (we are on a calorie counting site, after all), but I am doing something vaguely similar with my color coded spreadsheet meal planning. Coupled with daily weigh-ins, it's all the assistance I need to maintain a healthy weight. But just the idea of being told what to eat - argh - just suggestions of what and how often to eat was enough to make me rebel and regain. MFP is one of the few non-judgemental health, weight and fitness resources, so it has helped me improve my relationship with food, too.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Surely you have some Tupperware at your house already instead of buying their over priced, colored kind lol....

But seriously, just a little bit of common sense goes a long way when dishing yourself out a plate of food or even ordering food somewhere.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Berr9478 wrote: »
    Does anyone use the 21 day fix? I’ve used it before and saw results. Just wondering if anyone else has too?

What kind of results did you see?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Berr9478 wrote: »
    I used it and lost a bit of weight. To me calories are confusing. It’s essiee to see how much I need to eat. It helped me learn portion sizes and such

It would help me learn portion control too......for diet foods. Fruits, veggies, and lean proteins are not by biggest issue. I need portion control for ALL foods. How do I manage a restaurant meal on 21 DF?

Way too restrictive for me to be any part of a lifestyle change. There's a group here.........http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I so my own thing as far as nutrition, I've been trying to eat lots more protein and veggies. I just don't go down "those" (snack foods) aisles in the grocery stores and try not to go out much. But what I will say is I love the work outs! Autumn is really motivating and there are ways to modify the workouts! I did them the beginning of thee year and I was SO sore even with the modifications! Now I'm a lot stronger.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've used it and enjoyed the program. For some, it helps visualize the portion controls and it's easier than a more strict weighing of everything. Everyone has to find the niche that works for them.