Ate all my calories for the day by noon

I work out hard in great shape a good weight but lately having difficulty controlling my eating gained 4/5lbs not sure I can not eat the rest of the day to compensate for calories ate by noon I guess eat light I’m too sore and exhausted from a hard week at the gym
Any thoughts?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Maybe your deficit is too big. If you currently have it set to lose two pounds per week change it to one. It sounds slow, but it's easier to stick to.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Maybe your deficit is too big. If you currently have it set to lose two pounds per week change it to one. It sounds slow, but it's easier to stick to.

This.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? What is your goal weight? How many calories per day are you currently shooting for? Do you know your TDEE?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You've posted in Maintenance. Have you reached your goal weight? have you set your calorie target accordingly? It's normal to gain a bit (a few pounds) of water weight when you start eating normally (=at maintenance), but if you're truly eating at maintenance, the weight gain stops. Fat gain doesn't stop before you stop eating too much. If you have lost too much weight, hoewever, it's a good thing that you're gaining.

Sometimes we're just more hungry, sometimes we just need to eat more.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    I am having a rough eating day today too.

But I realized I had over 1000 calories banked for the week and I am on a deficit of 698. That made me feel better.

Tomorrow you can start over.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

This.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? What is your goal weight? How many calories per day are you currently shooting for? Do you know your TDEE?

All of this, and, do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    You can still eat today! Stick to your normal amount or slightly less. Get back on track tomorrow. The absolute worst that will happen is that you'll be a few hundred to 1000 calories over for the day. This won't affect your loss for the week by even 1 lb. Even if you lost 0 this week, it's not the end of the world. Just keep going doing the best you can each day.

The most important thing is to figure out how/why that happened and what you can do differently next time.