Fathead pizza with coconut flour?

Options
alteredsteve175
alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
I have made the fathead pizza with the almond flour crust several times. I like it and the crust comes out crispy every time.

I noticed the coconut flour option in the recipe. https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/

Have you made the pizza crust with the coconut flour? How does it compare to the almond flour crust? Preference?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Made it a few years ago, while experimenting on LCHF.
    Personally I prefer coconut flour to almond because it's easier to find here and cheaper. There is really no texture difference between the two. I believe what makes the difference is if you by default associate almond flour to sweet stuff (cookies!) the flavour of almond into pizza is sort of weird. That's my case. Instead I think of coconut as mostly savoury (curries, etc...) and I find it just perfect for pizza.
    I actually used to make a "bread" with just eggs and coconut flour, baked in the oven, sliced and toasted!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t a fan of the coconut flour. The texture was weird and I could taste the sweetness of the flour. Sweet and savory doesn’t work for pizza imo.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Thanks for the input, @trimi1104. I will try the coconut flour next time.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Thanks for the input, @bootyrubsandtacos. I'm just going to try it and see how the family and I like the coconut flour method.