Anyone taking Remeron or Mirtazapine?

Options
Hi,
I’m back here again! Last time I joined as I had gained weight having been put on Mirtazapine for anxiety and insomnia- not loads about 14lb but enough to make me uncomfortable and miserable about it. Last year I finally lost most of the weight when off it however back on Mirt and already weight is creeping back on.
Whenever I search for weight loss stories with this drug it always takes me to a weight gain thread so I’d love to be able to actually lose some and post something positive, it would be good to share with someone else if you’re in a similar position.

Replies

• Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks Moosmum are you still on it? I’ve upped my exercise and have started logging so hope to minimise the gain and even lose but you’re right it will be a challenge!
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks, good to hear you’re feeling better and that you’re off Mirtazapine!
  • RunningJustIncase
    RunningJustIncase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on it for 3 or 4 years now (I take it for sleep). I just watch my calories. I’ve lost 90+ lbs. just keep your calories at maintenance or a deficit (depending on your goals) and you will be fine on it:)