HORRENDOUS Keto bulletproof coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    TheDon2018 wrote: »
    Wow some comments on here and my other post about cheese and keto were helpful, nice and interesting different opinions. Others are plainly executed with attitude trying to declare one dumb. Don't think this MFP community is for me geez. And all this "woo" button none sense. I'm better off just using the app for my calories and macros and exclude the social. :neutral: maybe this should be expected but not enjoying the start of this mfp community bizniz

MFP has attitude and little tact, but you really can learn quite a bit from these boards. Don't take the woo's to heart. We have all said something we thought to be true and been wooed. If you look it up or ask about why you have been wooed you may learn something new that can help you with your health goals.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Quite simply, if you don't like bulletproof coffee, don't drink it. Taste is a personal thing, obviously. If you are deadset on adding a bunch of fat to your coffee for some reason (your post doesn't say why, I assume you do keto or some form of LCHF), heavy cream should do the trick. Bulletproof coffee isn't a magic elixir that cures cancer or something. Don't force yourself to eat or drink something you don't like because some people on the interest convinced you that you should. Eventually it won't be sustainable and you'll end up back at square one.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to drink my calories they'll be alcoholic.

Exactly this!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea it was “woo” to say I like the taste of Keto coffee. I’m not even a Keto advocate - my nutritionist suggested I try it because I have difficult time eating breakfast but like exercising in the morning.

Some of you people are so ridiculous.

Unfortunately I think a big culprit is the "woo" button itself meaning different things to different people. It seems that perhaps "dislike" or some variant would be a better button to express negative feelings toward a post, as some people clearly use it as meaning "woohoo!"
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea it was “woo” to say I like the taste of Keto coffee. I’m not even a Keto advocate - my nutritionist suggested I try it because I have difficult time eating breakfast but like exercising in the morning.

Unfortunately I think a big culprit is the "woo" button itself meaning different things to different people. It seems that perhaps "dislike" or some variant would be a better button to express negative feelings toward a post, as some people clearly use it as meaning "woohoo!"

I specifically don't use that button- because I'm not clear of the intent- not sure if "woo" as in bro-science- or
    WOO- like WOOT WOOT.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I specifically don't use that button- because I'm not clear of the intent- not sure if "woo" as in bro-science- or
    WOO- like WOOT WOOT.

It's O.o woo. Yeah, that's the way MFP describes it too lol.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

WOO- like WOOT WOOT.

Yes but it's very obvious in a lot of users don't understand that. Because people hit the woo button when you would think they're probably saying woohoo
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I never thought the idea of butter and oil in coffee sounded great and I've never had the urge to try keto so I'm happy with my choices. I don't find it strange that some like it because some people just love fat but that's not me, at least not in this form that is.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Because I like butter, and because I like coffee, it sounds intriguing to me. But it also, at the same time sounds repulsive and disgusting. So I'm not going to try to mix the two. Just because I like two different things does not mean they should be mixed together LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

WOO- like WOOT WOOT.

so is this the closest thing we get to a down vote?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »

What is really ridiculous is this woo button. There are a lot of people who think it means woohoo and think it's a positive thing. There are other people who use it as a negative thing. I really think it would be much better and much more mature if that button were just "disagree" and the hug button went back to being awesome.

Absolutely! "Woo" is really judgy and negative when used as intended, and just confusing when people think it's a positive. "Disagree" is neutral and self-explanatory.

I was away when they started with all the different votes but I think "woo" replaced the thumbs down, but it really isn't the same thing.
  • _Drino_
    _Drino_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add some cinnamon and Sucralose I love it
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I'd rather take the tablespoon each of coconut oil and butter and eat the straight. Keep the coffee separate.