How do you do it ?

Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
I see women in the morning on my way to work, full make up & hair like they just stepped out a Disney film. I was thinking to myself what time in the morning must they wake up? I get up @ 7am, sit with my tea & wake up. Then I just have time to get my clothes on, brush my teeth, basic makeup & comb my hair. Check my bags to make sure I have everything & prepare my sandwich for work. Then by 8 am im out the door.

I want to start making more effort with my hair n makeup but just don't know when id have the time. I would maybe have to wake up about 6am, 6:30 am. Looks like id have to sacrifice sleep but don't know if I'm gona do that lol

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I am in awe of these women too.
    I started doing my hair at night sometimes, straighten and curl it then shower cap in the morning. That's about all I got.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Maybe practice your makeup and hair on a non work days and see how long it takes you to get the look you want.
    I'm pretty happy with basic that takes very little time.
  • thapainmaka
    thapainmaka Posts: 105 Member
    I see women in the morning on my way to work, full make up & hair like they just stepped out a Disney film. I was thinking to myself what time in the morning must they wake up? I get up @ 7am, sit with my tea & wake up. Then I just have time to get my clothes on, brush my teeth, basic makeup & comb my hair. Check my bags to make sure I have everything & prepare my sandwich for work. Then by 8 am im out the door.

I want to start making more effort with my hair n makeup but just don't know when id have the time. I would maybe have to wake up about 6am, 6:30 am. Looks like id have to sacrifice sleep but don't know if I'm gona do that lol

Sometimes I shower.....
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member

Sometimes I shower.....

Saaaaaaame.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I wake up an hour before the kids do so I can be ready first. Once they're awake, I barely have time to throw my pants on.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I wake up an hour before the kids do so I can be ready first. Once they're awake, I barely have time to throw my pants on.

Kinda in this boat. I am up at 4:15 to 4:45 to pump and get ready before the kid gets up. I do my makeup almost every day but I am pretty minimalist w it. Just eyeliner and mascara. My jobs a little strange and I have to take showers there most days so I don't shower too much at home anymore to try to not dry my skin and hair out like crazy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I don't look like a Disney film... but doing my makeup for work takes less than 10 minutes...

That's foundation, concealer, powder, eyeliner, mascara and blusher.

Bed to leaving the house takes 50 minutes max...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Maybe practice your makeup and hair on a non work days and see how long it takes you to get the look you want.

Good idea. Think I'm needing to splash some cash on new make up I'm wearing stuff that's like 2 years old. Think I will watch some YouTube videos for makeup tips, I'm rubbish at makeup n hair.

I imagine it'll take longer at first while you are learning.

I read an article somewhere that timed 3 women doing makeup in the morning and they were 5-10 minutes. What I noticed is that each woman focused on one area most and left other stuff simple. Like one was eye makeup and another was eyebrows and skin care and not much else. Their routine is also something they have been doing for years so they can do it more quickly I imagine.
    I remember comments on the article suggesting people took longer... like 15 minutes to an hour to do hair and makeup but they were factoring in things like shower, skin care, hair drying.

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Sometimes I put shoes on to take the kids to school. It's just across the road, so not really a requirement. I wear makeup sometimes, every other fortnight, but even then it is just a dusting of powder and lipstick. Eye shadow if I'm feeling particularly extravagant with my time
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2018

Good idea. Think I'm needing to splash some cash on new make up I'm wearing stuff that's like 2 years old. Think I will watch some YouTube videos for makeup tips, I'm rubbish at makeup n hair.

I imagine it'll take longer at first while you are learning.

I read an article somewhere that timed 3 women doing makeup in the morning and they were 5-10 minutes. What I noticed is that each woman focused on one area most and left other stuff simple. Like one was eye makeup and another was eyebrows and skin care and not much else. Their routine is also something they have been doing for years so they can do it more quickly I imagine.
    I remember comments on the article suggesting people took longer... like 15 minutes to an hour to do hair and makeup but they were factoring in things like shower, skin care, hair drying.

When it comes to hair figuring a way to wear it overnight so it looks ok in the am was a game changer for me. I have strait hair thats longish and layered, so if I put it in a lose low ponytail or french braid at night 95% of the time it keeps it from smushing funny or kinking from the band. Then I just brush out and go. I may just be lucky and have cooperative hair though.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    I'm up at 4 am to work out while my daughter sleeps because that's the only time i get.
  • LiftingRiot
    I'm up at 4 am to work out while my daughter sleeps because that's the only time i get.

Are you not tired? Do you get to bed early at night so your not tired in the morning?

I have crazy people keeping me up at night so I'm tired. But i make it happen because it keeps me sane.
  • _Captivated_

:love:
  • LiftingRiot

Was wondering where you have been!!!
  • _Captivated_

Was wondering where you have been!!!

Same ol' place I've been for too many years.
  • MarieMckenji85
    MarieMckenji85 Posts: 23 Member
    Try getting ready with your other work prep the night before so you have more time in the morning. I don't have time barely to make my coffee in the morning,get my kids breakfast and get them off to school at 6:45am and 7:15 for my other two kiddos. I'm up every morning by 5:30-6am.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 470 Member
    I have to be presentable for work, and i like to do it, but I wish I could snap my fingers and my makeup is done. Te process sucks
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=7536625

Maybe?
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    I brush my teeth and my hair. That's the best you going to get me going to work, where I work lol.