How can set a proper workout routine for my needs?

Options
Hi. I’ve 2 weeks working out, but I have some doubts, here is why:

I don’t want to lose weight, I want to tone all my body, lose belly and lower back fat, tone my legs (don't make them skinnier), get a bigger butt and wider hips. I know that the last two are difficult to achieve but I will work hard to get it. My problem is that I don’t know how to organize the routines. I have been doing this:

Monday: Legs, glutes, hips, a bit of core strengthening and 20-minute cardio.
Tuesday: Arms, a few exercises for abs, core strengthening and 20 min cardio.
Wednesday: Back a few exercises for abs, core strengthening and 20 min cardio
Thursday: same as Tuesday.
Friday: same ad Monday.
Saturday: whatever I want to do that day.

For each day I do 3 super sets with 3 exercises (15 reps for the ones that require it) and do each super set 3 times and then a post sets workout with 4 exercises of my preference. My cardio consists mostly in jumping jacks, running in place, jumping rope, high knees, and variate it with plank routines, squats without weights and pushups. And the exercises of each set are just random exercises I found on YouTube or Pinterest that are for the workout that I’m doing that day.

I can’t go to the gym, so everything is at home and I’ve been doing most of the exercises without wights and for the ones that I used, I just put a lot of books in a purse. I'm going to use bottles full of sand or stones until I buy weights.

I don’t feel that the routine is good, sometimes I don’t feel that I’m working out the zones that I’m supposedly working so I write this asking for advice please. How can I organize a proper workout routine, or do you know apps or YouTube channels or anything that can help me to understand how to set the routine and workout properly?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would definitely follow an established program for best results. If you are working out at home and your goals are glute focused then look into the Strong Curves bodyweight/at home workout. At some point investing in some more equipment will be helpful down the road.

If you want growth, but also want definition I recommend eating at maintenance and recomping. Keep in mind this path can be slow and patience is key. Growth in one area and leaning out in another are opposing goals and typically don't happen the most optimally at the same time.
  • melbann
    melbann Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You should try the app 8fit. It creates a workout plan for your fitness level and goals. I've been using the free version for the past 3 weeks and really am enjoying it.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Where’s your workouts for your anterior chain?