Thin from within - Brad Pilon. Any independent reviews?

Followed link on Ad for '5 veggies to boost your metabolism' that popped up on MFP. Listened to spiel by Brad Pilon. Leptin resistance is not new and would appreciate diet, activity etc to help overcome it. BUT this spiel did not seem genuine ...By the end I was waiting for the free steak knives. I tried to find independent reviews...all I could find were 'reviews' by affiliates, regurgitating info and claims from his website, with links to purchase. Does anyone know if this program has been independently reviewed?

Replies

• BeverleyHuttmann
    BeverleyHuttmann Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for replies and assumed much same as all of you. Just thought it worth asking the collective intellect whether anyone knew of an independent review of the program.
  • BeverleyHuttmann
    BeverleyHuttmann Posts: 3 Member
    Begs question why reputable site like MFP accepts advertising from charlatans.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2018
    Brad Pilon wrote "Eat Stop Eat", a form of intermittent fasting.

http://bradpilon.com/meet-brad/
  • Julbarr
    Julbarr Posts: 6 Member
    I just saw his ad recently too.. i couldn’t find a single independent review. While a lot of his ad promoted ridiculously thin 20 year old girls, I was sufficiently intrigued by his gut health concept.... so I ordered his online book. I’ll give his plan a month mainly to reset a healthier bacterial climate in my gut. I don’t expect to look like those super-toned girls in this lifetime. We’ll see...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Julbarr wrote: »
    I just saw his ad recently too.. i couldn’t find a single independent review. While a lot of his ad promoted ridiculously thin 20 year old girls, I was sufficiently intrigued by his gut health concept.... so I ordered his online book. I’ll give his plan a month mainly to reset a healthier bacterial climate in my gut. I don’t expect to look like those super-toned girls in this lifetime. We’ll see...

If someone uses misleading pictures to sell their book, why would you think it contained a good plan?

Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious about this. When someone leads with an attempt to mislead me, it gives me qualms about everything they're saying.
  • tracer68
    tracer68 Posts: 1 Member
    Julbarr how did it go on Thin within

Julbarr wrote: »
    I just saw his ad recently too.. i couldn’t find a single independent review. While a lot of his ad promoted ridiculously thin 20 year old girls, I was sufficiently intrigued by his gut health concept.... so I ordered his online book. I’ll give his plan a month mainly to reset a healthier bacterial climate in my gut. I don’t expect to look like those super-toned girls in this lifetime.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Begs question why reputable site like MFP accepts advertising from charlatans.

MFP runs ads from ad networks, like Google's Display Network (aka AdSense). They don't always have control over every ad that shows. They can generally exclude topics (like adult topics) and can exclude some ad types, but they don't curate and manage the actual ads that show. Chances are they don't know the ad is showing either unless they have a very fastidious content manager.
  • have2shrink
    have2shrink Posts: 1 Member
    Julbarr what did you think of Thin From Within?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Julbarr what did you think of Thin From Within?

She hasn't been here since April 6. She's unlikely to look, but you'd get better odds by tagging her (put @ in front of her username in your message).
  • shana10ant
    shana10ant Posts: 1 Member
    @Julbarr
    A number of us are wondering how the Thin From Within program went for you? Love to hear some genuine feedback.