Sharing Recipes on MFP?

Options
My whole extended family is doing MFP and we are wondering if there is a way of sharing our logged recipes with each other. I have a ton of recipes that I have created and keep them in the Recipes area of my profile. However, I see no way to export a recipe to one of my MFP friends without getting out of MFP and just copy/pasting and emailing it to them. Is there something on MFP that I can do to send recipes to my MFP friends?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    No, but they can go to your diary if it's open, click on Quick Tools under the meal being eaten, and copy the meal to their diary
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My son and I shared lunch today and so he went into my diary and grabbed the recipe. That worked out well. But my daughter and daughter-in-law would like the recipe I had and I couldn't find a way to share without just sending it to their email and having them log all the parts of it themselves. It works.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You can take screenshots of the recipe for them to print from the app or your recipes on your profile on the website to share with them (or if using the website you can copy and paste into a text or email). It won't show any instructions, but it will show the ingredients list with the amounts and the nutrition facts.
  • ljashley1952
    Options
    kemoon0915 wrote: »
    You can take screenshots of the recipe for them to print from the app or your recipes on your profile on the website to share with them (or if using the website you can copy and paste into a text or email). It won't show any instructions, but it will show the ingredients list with the amounts and the nutrition facts.

Excellent idea! I hadn't thought of screenshots. I have my diary open, so if someone wants to look at it or a recipe, they can.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    kemoon0915 wrote: »

Excellent idea! I hadn't thought of screenshots. I have my diary open, so if someone wants to look at it or a recipe, they can.

Unfortunately, they can't. They can only see the recipe name listed in your diary
  • ljashley1952
    Options
    "Unfortunately, they can't. They can only see the recipe name listed in your diary."

Well, darn. Guess email it is. (Or Google messenger.)