Help please!!!!

Options
I really need some motivation tips on staying motivated to lose this 100lbs I have to lose :-(
It's soooo frustrating that I let myself get so out of shape once again! In 07 I lost 100lbs and starting in 2011 I slowly started gaining it all back. And now it's 2018 and I've gained almost all of that 100lbs back :-( :(
Most days I just hate myself for it, but somehow I still keep a smile on my face.
I started a new weight loss program almost two weeks ago now, and the first month is always the hardest. Tonight I'm just wanting to eat everything bad! Any helpful advice is much appreciated!

Replies

• chrsmina
    chrsmina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don’t try to ‘lose’ weight. If you lose something chances are you’ll find it again eventually. Instead get rid of it. Aim to be better today than you were yesterday, it won’t be easy but it will be rewarding.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Putting massive restrictions on yourself tends to result in a slide. Why not just try to fit in some of your favourite things within your calorie allotment?
  • CircleJerkk
    CircleJerkk Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I started whole30 and after a couple weeks, I lost all interest in sweets/sugar/grains. Cravings died. Nobody can motivate you though, you have to want it bad enough for yourself. That hard truth was told to me many years ago and it changed how I thought forever.
    Anyway, since making that change and cutting those out, I've lost 9lbs (in 3 weeks.) Now I'm very energetic, feeling happy and anxiety free. May work for you, may not. Take care!
  • katief2142
    katief2142 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight before and definitely found it again! I don't plan on ever letting it come back this time. My job is my biggest stressor that keeps me from my work outs and eatting healthy. But since I made up my mind to be healthy again I won't fail. I started on the 16th of this month and have got about 10 other associates at my work to join in the weight loss fun! I've lost 8lbs since starting, but tonight I'm just not feeling it. I'm new to the fitness pal community don't even know how to add friends lol. But figured it was a good place to have extra support.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Pre-planning/pre-logging helps a great deal. It takes the stress of figuring out what to have off of your shoulders.
    8 pounds in less than 2 weeks! Congrats! The first part of that is of course water weight, but you're on your way.
    One day at a time. You'll get there :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Telling yourself that your diet is fun even though you hate it, and calling the foods you like best, bad, is a strategy that only works for a short while. Trust me, that's how I regained. And I believe you didn't plan to regain last time, either. And you are already struggling with motivation, two weeks in, even with a team at work! Permanent weight management is about making permanent lifestyle changes, and that's not just habits and support, it's attitudes and environment control, too. Planning meals, eating satisfying food, exercising moderately, stress management, these are things that will improve your quality of life, and help you eat less forever.