Green salads and chicken/fish

Who just ate that before? Heard it works? Opinion?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    For weight loss? It would "work" as long as you consumed fewer calories than your body used. Any combination of foods would work as long as you consumed fewer calories than your body used.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Works for what? Eat that for every meal? My opinion is that complete sentences, as well as balanced and varied diets, are great.

I agree!

If that was all that comprised my diet, I would want to die....
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Yea it works. Chicken and bacon also work well together ,chicken with Ceasar dressing and so on.

It ll "work " if it's part of your calorie allowance and you are in deficit,there are no magical ingredients.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    It works if it causes you to consume fewer calories than you burn.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,315 Member
    It's really as stated above... numbers. How many calories you consume vs. how much you burn. Calculating your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) to find your numbers is a great start. As far as eating the same thing daily... it can be a way to uncomplicated your diet short term, but health wise it's smart to try for some variety. I do go to some same meals throughout the week that I know have a certain calorie count and macro combo that are easy. Good luck... and remember, it's the for the long haul... making some changes short term to get started and then trying to keep a food/exercise plan that you can live with, is so vital--- otherwise you will YO YO, and that's a no go!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I do a lot of chicken salads personally and find they do work well for weight loss. Good protein and nutrients with easy to manage calories. Just careful of the little things you put in, like nuts, cheeses, or other items because those little calories can add up quick in just a handful.
  • Simone_going_fit
    Simone_going_fit Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering , a friend of mine said I should try it for about 3 weeks so yeah needed to ask you all ! Was helpful.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I eat that. And burgers and tacos and wings with lots of blue cheese.

Eat less than you burn and you will lose weight.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering , a friend of mine said I should try it for about 3 weeks so yeah needed to ask you all ! Was helpful.

No matter what you choose to eat get adequate macro and micronutrients as well as the proper calorie amount for you.