Slow progress - feedback/opinions?

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    You are certainly looking good, so something is happening- slow recomp maybe.
    Have you replaced the batteries in your scale lately?
    Have you tried standing on it holding a known weight (10+lbs)?

If you test on other scales, or get a new one, know that the readings will be different. I had to get a new scale part way through my weight loss. I ended up weighing a few lbs more on it. To this day, over 8 years later, I don't know if I lost 25, 30, or 35lbs, I opt for the 30 :). It's not tattooed on my forehead so it doesn't matter.

You could try increasing your neat a little if you are desk bound most of the day. That is what helped me get the last 15 lbs off, albeit slowly, as I couldn't drop calories any further.

Here is a good thread about it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

Cheers, h.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think your photos are showing the real story.

My photos and measurements will show dramatic changes while weight, with a weight trending app (Libra) shows a very, very, very slow downward trend.

As long as my clothes are fitting better and my measurements are going in the right direction, I don't care what the number on that stupid scale says!
  • ellenmlove
    ellenmlove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This seems like a mystery!! Your pics really look like progress to me. Curious what another scale says.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    The first response fully addresses the issues.

This is an evaluation of success not lack of success issue.

I've lost weight at a slow rate. Even a month apart you can have water weight fluctuations that show scale weight higher than a month before while successfully losing.