Advice body fat reduction

Options
13»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    1. Know your body type. Judging by your picture I would say endomorph.
    2. Know your daily calorie expenditure. Basically how many calories you burn a day.
    3. If you're planning on losing weight then you need to be at a calorie deficit. Find a macro calculator and find out how many calories it suggests you consume a day and subtract by 100-200. This will be tough and suck but you'll see results faster. Remember exercise makes up of on 30% of the results you get, the rest is nutrition.
    4. When in the gym leave everything on the floor. Go as hard as you can as fast as you can. If your workout normally takes 1 1/2 hours try finishing it in 1 hour and once you do that add workouts so that you're finishing a 2 hour workout in 11/2 hours.
    5. Be constant. The moment you stop doing anything routinely you build bad habits and all your hard work goes to waste.
    6. Workout as much as you can. I hate hearing that people don't have the time to workout and exercise. Not saying you are but the truth of the matter is they are not willing to make sacrifices for the results they want. I hit everybody part twice a week exept legs and shoulders because of how my workout is made. THE MORE SACRIFICES YOU MAKE TO GET TO YOU GOAL THE FASTER YOU'LL GET THERE!!
    7. Educate yourself. The more you learn the easier it'll be to understand why curtain methods work and why others do not.

I really hope anything that I listed will help you along your path of training. And best of luck to you on your journey!

For #4 - DO NOT leave everything on the floor! No one likes to re-rack someone else's weights! :laugh:

For the rest, I defer to @mmapags.
    mmapags wrote: »
    2. Know your daily calorie expenditure. Basically how many calories you burn a day.
    3. If you're planning on losing weight then you need to be at a calorie deficit. Find a macro calculator and find out how many calories it suggests you consume a day and subtract by 100-200. This will be tough and suck but you'll see results faster. Remember exercise makes up of on 30% of the results you get, the rest is nutrition.
    4. When in the gym leave everything on the floor. Go as hard as you can as fast as you can. If your workout normally takes 1 1/2 hours try finishing it in 1 hour and once you do that add workouts so that you're finishing a 2 hour workout in 11/2 hours.
    5. Be constant. The moment you stop doing anything routinely you build bad habits and all your hard work goes to waste.
    6. Workout as much as you can. I hate hearing that people don't have the time to workout and exercise. Not saying you are but the truth of the matter is they are not willing to make sacrifices for the results they want. I hit everybody part twice a week exept legs and shoulders because of how my workout is made. THE MORE SACRIFICES YOU MAKE TO GET TO YOU GOAL THE FASTER YOU'LL GET THERE!!
    7. Educate yourself. The more you learn the easier it'll be to understand why curtain methods work and why others do not.

I really hope anything that I listed will help you along your path of training. And best of luck to you on your journey!

So much nope mixed in with a couple of good elements.

1. No such thing as Somatypes. Long debunked.
    2. Good
    3. About 50/50. Deficit should be driven by current weight and ideal rate of loss given the goal. Exercise is not 30% of weight loss.
    4. Nonsense
    5. Habits are good. The rest is not absolute.
    6. Nonsense. Work/ Rest cycle is critical. The exercise is work, the muscle grow in the rest. Fat loss is calorie deficit and not working out. The idea is not to get there fast. It's to do it right.
    7. Good but unspecific with no recommendations.

Wrong! Reracking others' weights is my warm-up B)

Do you work out at my gym? Could you? ;)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

For #4 - DO NOT leave everything on the floor! No one likes to re-rack someone else's weights! :laugh:

For the rest, I defer to @mmapags.
    mmapags wrote: »

So much nope mixed in with a couple of good elements.

1. No such thing as Somatypes. Long debunked.
    2. Good
    3. About 50/50. Deficit should be driven by current weight and ideal rate of loss given the goal. Exercise is not 30% of weight loss.
    4. Nonsense
    5. Habits are good. The rest is not absolute.
    6. Nonsense. Work/ Rest cycle is critical. The exercise is work, the muscle grow in the rest. Fat loss is calorie deficit and not working out. The idea is not to get there fast. It's to do it right.
    7. Good but unspecific with no recommendations.

Wrong! Reracking others' weights is my warm-up B)

Do you work out at my gym? Could you? ;)

I pick everything up, I let people work in, I wipe all the equipment down...I'm an amazing gym goer!