PCOS (Birth Controls)

Options
I have a new BC that I will be starting soon called MonoNessa. I am wondering if any of my PCOS ladies are currently taking it or have taken it to treat PCOS? If so do you experience any bad side-effects or pros/cons? (weight loss/gain, did it regulate cycle? etc.)

Replies

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was put on BC for about a year or two when I was first diagnosed because I'd randomly go 6 months without a period (can't remember what it was called at the moment) - I had 0 issues with it, no weight gain, was the healthiest my hair and skin have ever been, too
    Issues came back once I stopped taking it though

Not sure if yours is similar to what I had, I don't think I have it written down anywhere
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have not taken that, but I did have PCOS for many many years and the only thing I have found to help dramatically is eating a very low carb high fat diet. :) Just thought I would mention because I wish I would have know about KETO years and years ago.
  • Monkeyskilledkat
    Options
    I was put on BC for about a year or two when I was first diagnosed because I'd randomly go 6 months without a period (can't remember what it was called at the moment) - I had 0 issues with it, no weight gain, was the healthiest my hair and skin have ever been, too
    Issues came back once I stopped taking it though

Not sure if yours is similar to what I had, I don't think I have it written down anywhere

Yeah mine is dead similar. I haven’t had a period in awhile. So that’s why I am going back on it.