Calorie burn credit for weight training

Options
I do a very tough weight circuit three times a week for 40 minutes each session. I enter the weight circuit on my exercises but it never gives you credit. How do you get calorie burn credit? Thanks!

Replies

• goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    The Strength Training is just to log your reps/sets, you also have to enter 'Circuit Training' under cardio to get your calorie credit!

HTH!
    Lori.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    It's simple-- you don't. I can't understand why, but you don't get a calorie burn credit for doing strength training on this website.
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    There is a section under the help tool bar, in the exercise section that talks about that. Do you have a heart rate monitor? I use mine when I do weights, and log it under cardio. Good luck, I know what you mean. You put all that energy in, you want the calories back to use when and if you want.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You do get credit if you post it as strenght training or circuit training, in the cardio section of the excercise diary.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Like others have said, I normally log it as circuit training.
  • bubbie
    bubbie Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the great info. Being new to the site I can't always find what I need. :happy:
  • clfrea2
    clfrea2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same question, so thanks for the tips. I was also wondering about entering the weights I use for strenght training. For instance, if I use 12 lbs dumbells for bicep curls, do I have to enter that twice (i.e. once for each arm) or double the amount of weight since I have 12 lbs in each hand?