Eggs after 7pm

Options
2»

Replies

• YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not sure where they rule of not eating after 7 came from but I eat like 6 eggs after 7 on a daily basis and I ain't dead yet and can still lose weight on a deficit so take that anecdote for what it's worth.
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    eggs are my go to if its late and i'm still hungry and want something that will fill that "void" i feel i have
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    This is kind of an odd question. I mean are you still hungry? Do you calories left for the day? Then sure go for it...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a boiled egg for breakfast, or sometimes a fried egg at night. It's usually around 9:30 or 10:00 for that fried egg, and no problems.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I'd eat a boiled egg for breakfast, or sometimes a fried egg at night. It's usually around 9:30 or 10:00 for that fried egg, and no problems.

Yes I would too but it's not the same without bacon and buttered, toasted wonder bread! :p
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    OP, take any "diet tips" you read about in magazines, blogs and websites with a grain of salt. Most of them are silly myths, including the "after 7pm" rule.

Here are some more myths for you: https://examine.com/nutrition/awful-nutrition-myths/
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    You can eat the egg IF it's not a full moon, and IF you have not recently seen a black cat cross your path and IF you have not had a recent urge to stand on one foot while singing the Australian National Anthem. ;)

Yes, eat the egg as long as you're not over your calorie goal for the day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can eat the egg IF it's not a full moon, and IF you have not recently seen a black cat cross your path and IF you have not had a recent urge to stand on one foot while singing the Australian National Anthem. ;)

Yes, eat the egg as long as you're not over your calorie goal for the day.

Dammit, I wanted eggs for dinner tonight but the full moon ;)
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Just remember - you need 5 dozen eggs to be roughly the size of a barge.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options

But then, you will have biceps to spare!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

But then, you will have biceps to spare!

That's right! And ev'ry last inch of him will be covered with hair.

Sorry couldn't resist.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 8-10 eggs (whites) per day and eating them whenever I damn well please and I'm alive a kickin.

This one was just too much for me.