looking for friends to travel this journey with

Options
jlallen
jlallen Posts: 42 Member
Hi everyone! I have been on MFP for about two weeks now and I am looking for some friends on here that can relate with me. I am a SAHM with four kids and a very long way to go to get back to ME! I am looking for friends that are there for you and can make you want to get up and move. I need help with menus that work with a large picky group and any tips and tricks you might have!:happy:

Replies

• butterscotchice
    butterscotchice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi JIAllen,

I would love to take this journey with you. I have struggled with my weight for a long time and my goal is to look better at 40 than I did at 30. We can motivate each other. I have two picky teenage kids living at home, but I know the dietary tools that may be helpful. I just need the motivation to push me into gear. Hope to talk to you soon! Good luck!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and a mom of four. Please add me as a friend. I definitely run out of meal choices for my very busy family and three teenage football players....I wished I could eat like they can!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I am married Mom of 2 kids, almost 12 and 15. I will be 40 in September and I am determined to be fit and 40 not fat and flabby and 40...lol!:laugh: :blushing:

My husband is not a fan of low cal things. I am finding that If a make a dinner of lean protein, a good salad and a side dish of pasta or patoes for them I can have the same dinner but skip the starchy side or have a bite or two if I HAVE to. We can eat the same dinner.

My son on the other hand usually has his own thing anyway as he has autism and is VERY picky about what foods he'll eat. :smile:

I am looking for some buddies so add me to your list Mama's!
  • thompson000
    Options
    I to am looking for motiviation and inspiration, also new to this journey!