What should you do when someone makes you nervouse of Angry

Options
I just want to know what is the proper response when your family member is standing over you pressuring you and making you angry or nervouse? In my case he makes me both and I F**** hate it. I am trying to be Christ-like about it, but he just wants to attack.

Replies

• dodgersprincess
    Options
    Not meantion nerves were raw to being with.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    What exactly is this person pressuring you about that's making you nervous and angry?

And remember, no is a complete sentence. You never need to give an excuse for saying no. If someone doesn't get that, that's their issue, not yours.

If it's about food, no one can force food down your throat, so just be confident in your plan/goals and what you are saying yes and no to in your life. The person will get over it eventually.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Tell him "I feel ___________________ when you hover over me like that. It makes me _______________."
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    HULK SMASH :)
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I try to remember this:
    “When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That's the message he is sending.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What is your relationship with this person....your dad whom you live with? Christ's character qualities include meekness (which is the opposite of anger) which means that your anger is under His control. So you would respond with meekness and self-control. Who is this person to you?
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    If anybody makes me feel angry or nervous (especially when it's both!) I let them know. Politely, the first time. "You're making me feel uncomfortable, and I'd appreciate it if you would stop _____ ." I'm not so nice the second time around, because my stance has been made clear, and blatantly disregarded. I generally don't need to repeat myself a third time.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Distance yourself from this person. The relationship sounds very toxic.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    HULK SMASH :)

christ-like, not bruce-like.
  • dodgersprincess
    Options
    My older brother.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hugs are Christ-like
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm Christ-like. Would you like me to hug him?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm Christ-like. Would you like me to hug him?

I want to hug you

c'mere f*ckin moon moon
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    but not chris -like. ;) unless it's Blue.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Don't give anyone that kind of power over you. They can't make you angry unless you allow it.

Find a different way to react & let their behavior & words roll off your back. It is not easy to do but it is definitely worth the effort to learn to do that.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Is he standing over you correcting your spelling and grammar?
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Do you have a baseball bat?
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    Is he standing over you correcting your spelling and grammar?

No, he understands I'm on my phone.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You cant control him, so work on controlling you. You have a couple of options, just ignore if you can(he is probably waiting for a reaction) Get up and move to the bathroom or back to your room. (PS don't forget to step on his feet and ram the chair into his gut by accident) Then say Oh I am sorry, I didn't know you were there.