Ten pounds gained for each year of marriage. I don't think that's love

Options
I went to the Doctor's office about two months ago and weighed in with a whopping 250lbs. I swore I would never get this heavy, but I said the same thing about 200lbs and 180lbs etc. At 5'6" that's about 100 extra pounds. I figured that I have gained ten pounds for every year that I've been married. While my Husband's cooking tastes amazing, it's not exactly the gift of love.
Thanks to a good friend I have made some changes to my eating habits (and amounts), so I know I'm on the right track. Hubby is right along side of me so that helps as well. But there are a few things that I still struggle with.

Traveling: I travel a lot for and sitting in the car for upwards of 10 hours a day leaves almost no time for exercise. How do I compensate for that?

Eating out: I try not to until I have a firm grip on calorie counts and fat content, but sometimes it's unavoidable. What are some healthy low-fat choices for chain restaurants other than salad with dressing on the side.

Eating late in the day: I'm often on the go from very early in the morning until very late at night. So unless I space my meals and snacks just right, I'm starving by the end of the day. That means I eat right before going to bed. Any tricks to not do that?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Traveling: exercise isn't necessary for weight loss, but if you want to do it you can find a way to work it in, even if it's just the weekends.
    Eating out: grilled poultry/fish and veggies
    Eating late in the day: unless doing that causes sleep issues, there's nothing wrong with that provided you aren't going over your calories
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Pack a cooler for the road with healthy snacks and at least 1 complete meals and diet drinks and or water fruit and vegetables. You can do this, best of luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating late at night as long as you're in a calorie deficit for the day.
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a very stressful job. Slow down! I know it's easy to skip meals and breaks at work when you've got deadlines coming up, but it's worth it. Believe me, I've been there and it didn't do me any favours - all it does is increasing cravings for high kcal and fat food