gotta lose my thighs

fatredhead
fatredhead Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I'm pretty okay with my body I guess but I need to lose thigh fat...without losing my bum. I've got a fabbity fab bum (sorry to toot my own horn...but it's the only fat I'm proud of)
how can I lose my thighs without my bum!? is it possible?
:blushing: thanks

ps nice to meet everyone!!

Replies

• I'm pretty okay with my body I guess but I need to lose thigh fat...without losing my bum. I've got a fabbity fab bum (sorry to toot my own horn...but it's the only fat I'm proud of)
    how can I lose my thighs without my bum!? is it possible?
    :blushing: thanks

ps nice to meet everyone!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Oh gosh, if only that could be possible...I would want it myself. Unfortunately there is no way to tell your body lose from here and not from here...I know I have lost more weight in places I did not want to lose. The only thing to do is to do your squats and lunges so you keep your bum firm...good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    i hear ya i hate my thighs but i have a nice butt. but by running you can make your legs slimmer without getting rid of that bum you love.
  • ooo I gotta try that!
    thanks!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    you can't target weight loss. Running with help to tone your leg muscles as well as your butt but the fat will come off gradually from wherever your body decides. sorry, don't we all wish we could choose where it comes from! I've lost 2 inches in my bust :sad:
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    i hear ya i hate my thighs but i have a nice butt. but by running you can make your legs slimmer without getting rid of that bum you love.

Unfortunately, not really true. (I'm sorry to contradict you there Nicole, but I don't want people thinking they can target fat loss). You can tone with exercise so that the area in question will be firm once the fat is gone, but it isn't possible to target area's of the body for fat loss. Fat comes off the area's that are the easiest to access of the blood stream. Your body won't take fat away from one area if you work it harder, all you can do is exercise and firm up the area you want to be a certain way.

Running won't take fat away from your thighs any faster then your bum. It may work out that way if the fat on your thighs is easier to get at, but it's not cuz you targeted it, it's because that's how your body put it on.

OOP, I just saw that Kerri already just said this. Sorry. Didn't mean to reapeat.
  • repetition is good! :flowerforyou:
  • repetition is good! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.