Favorite Starbucks drink

Options
Hey! I love Carmel macchiatos. I've been doing nonfat milk but the calories are still pretty high. Any favorites that are low cal and yummy?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Any of the "skinny" drinks are lower in cals.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I often get Chai Tea and then add some skim milk and an Equal or two. Tastes just as good as a Chai Latte!
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna explore. It's the payday treat, so once a week. But I hate having to sub a coffee for most of a meal. Kids enjoy our once a week trip too. I'll do some menu surfing
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Black coffee ;)

Dark roast, as black as they can make it.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    If rather go to Tim Hortons, but if Starbucks is the only option I'll go with a Pikes drip black.
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee with soy milk and 1 pump of SF vanilla!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Hot chai tea latte no foam
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I get a tall nonfat mocha with half chocolate no whip.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Black coffee ;)

Dark roast, as black as they can make it.

You're my kind of people!!
  • TaffyBranwyn
    TaffyBranwyn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The macchiato recipe calls for vanilla syrup, coffee & milk. If you're subbing non-fat milk, the calories are 50 lower just going from a grande to a tall (16oz to 12oz). The calories for 1 pump of syrup are 20, according to MFP, but that appears to be wrong, based on Torani's site... 2-tsps are 80-cals & I'll bet a pump is more than 2-tsps.

https://shop.torani.com/vanilla-syrup/p/tor-362801&c=torani@syrups@375

So, if you want that drink, you could skip the drizzle of caramel on top & ask for fewer pumps of vanilla syrup or keep decreasing size. Here's SBucks interactive nutritional & caloric info graphic. You can change ingredients to get varying sizes & grades of milk for a more accurate count for all the drinks they offer:

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=espresso#view_control=nutrition

So, perhaps fidget with the calories & sizes on the SB site & see if you can make your CM an acceptable caloric count. An 8-oz short is only 100-cal. So, what is it you want to do? Have a 16-oz drink at the lowest cals? Or, figure out how to have a CM for under a certain amt of cals? Play around with the chart.

As someone else said, I'm a black coffee drinker, too. In fact, I drink espresso & if I have a coffee it needs 1-2 shots of espresso to make it taste as dark & strong as possible. Black coffee is an acquired taste, but once I got used to it decades ago, I can't drink anything else. There are no calories.

But, if you want milk and/or sweetener, you'll need the chart to determine calories. Good luck. I wouldn't give up my fave drink either!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like getting a dark roast drip coffee with some frothed almond milk on top. Otherwise, I’m a fan of almond milk lattes with two shots of expresso.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    If rather go to Tim Hortons, but if Starbucks is the only option I'll go with a Pikes drip black.

I'd rather drink gas station coffee than Starbucks, but if it's the only option I'll go with Pikes also. Nonfat cream and a few Splendas to hide the taste as much as possible.

IIRC, I think somebody said Americanos were another low-calorie choice at Sbux.
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A latte or cappuccino with nonfat milk and sugar-free syrup.
  • SuzJok85
    SuzJok85 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Press is about 100 cal for a Medium, if I remember correctly. I’m more of a black coffee person, but when I want something sweet and creamy, this one is nice and subtle.

Also, I’m not sure if you have the mobile app or not, but it shows you a lot of options to customize. For example, I’d order a drink, and see that there are three shots of flavor syrup in it, and could lower it to 1. You can change the milk or type of sweetener as well. I like doing it on the app so that I don’t have to ramble off 10 directions at once to the poor cashier taking my order. :) And my drink is ready when I arrive.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for low cal - skinny vanilla latte or even an almond milk latte made w/skinny vanilla syrup. Check out Starbucks website - they give all the nutrition on all their drinks. If it's a once a week treat I'd stick to my favorite and just save the calories for it.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but I like a small hot chai with almond milk.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Black coffee with a shot of sugar free syrup