Roller coasters and horrors

Options
Versicolour
Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
Apparently, psychologically, there is a correlation between enjoying rollercoasters and watching horror / thriller movies. If you enjoy the one you are more than likely to enjoy the other.

I am a fan of both! I know many people who avoid both like the plague.

Is there anyone that enjoys one but not the other?

Replies

• Versicolour
    Options
    I think most of those accidents are people who don't follow safety instructions or staff are not doing proper checks beforehand. I am still willing to go with as much reckless abandon as before! I just prefer to go without shoes because otherwise I keep worrying that my shoes will go flying off and I can't enjoy the ride as much!
  • Versicolour
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So now the question is are you the exception to the rule or are we? Or does the rule even exist?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I like roller coasters, hate horror movies.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I LOVE horror movies. Roller coasters are OK.
  • AidenT94
    AidenT94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I hate rollercoasters. I love horror movies, as long as they don't involve clowns. :smile:
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    Options
    Horror movies are ok
    No one would ever get me on a rollercoaster
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like horror movies.

I'd sooner eat my own eyeballs with a spoon than get on a rollercoaster. *

*Some exaggeration may be involved.
  • Versicolour
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It's looking more and more like the rule is a fallacy
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I suffer from motion sickness. I hate roller coasters. But I love a good horror film
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Love horror; used to LOVE rollercoasters. I can't handle loops anymore with my advanced age (38).

I traded rollercoasters for a motorcycle.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Love roller coasters. Thrilled my youngest son is finally tall enough to go on most, because my older boys don't like them.

I'll watch a horror movie, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I do love a good action movie...and films with a lot of fast-paced "cartoonish" violence (as opposed to scenes of slow torture).
  • Versicolour
    Options
    I guess it depends what gets your adrenalin pumping and how much adrenalin you like :lol:
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Yeah. I guess I should specify. Psychological thrillers and slasher horrors are very different. Gratuitous violence just for the gore is a waste of time imo
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a fan of either. I'd rather watch a horror movie than go on a rollercoaster though.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I get sick after about 3 roller coasters, I've never watched three horror movies in a row to see if they make me sick. Probably.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Used to like roller coasters but rather just watch movies for the fear factor. Not sure how to link videos...but all you horror fans have got to check out the "Hereditary" trailer.