Nighthawk positions

Options
For all of you who work overnight how do you eat? Do you eat during your shift or do you eat during the day while you are awake?? Any help would be great. Thanks

Replies

• angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I work night shift at a hospital. I actually do better when I'm working than I do on my nights off. I plan to eat specific snacks throughout the night that I bring in, usually worth a total of 250 calories or less. I also drink at least 4 cups of water at night. Then I eat a small snack when I get home before I go to sleep. When I get up, I eat dinner with the family and have an evening snack. No problems...right?

It's my days off that are hard. I find myself wandering around the kitchen during the day looking for snacks. I keep telling myself I need to eat during the day like I eat at night when I'm working but the lack of structured time makes it hard to do. I get "bored" at home and want to eat. The days I stick with the "plan" I'm fine. Otherwise...

I think the secret is planning your meals ahead of time and not standing in front of the refrigerator wondering what to eat because it's time to eat and you're hungry.