Macros !!! Help

Options
Ok using MFP for a while now but still don’t really know if I’ve got the macros right I am trying to lose weight !! Well I have lost some ok I am 212 want to get to 195 as a bromiter
Can any nutrition. based guru give me any idea on carbs fat and protein please

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mfp macros are ok

or go for 0.6 to 0.8g protien per lb of weight and 0.3-0.4g of fat per lb of bodyweight and the rest carbs.
    279270 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks but there must be a simpler way?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    279270 wrote: »

simpler than what?
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

A simpler way is to just not track macros and focus on calories for the beginning lol When you start getting below 20% body fat is when I personally will start looking at macros.

Ah i didn't read your post completely and see your weight.

Just use this calculator:

https://tdeecalculator.net/
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You don’t need to track macros to lose weight. It’s a good idea, health wise, to keep your protein and and fat above a certain minimum, but if you want to focus on counting calories for a while before worrying about that that’s totally fine.

ETA: the simplest thing you can do is probably just make sure you are eating a well rounded diet with a decent amount of variety. Stick to the classics: more fruits and veggies, some proteins (animal or otherwise, by your proference), some starches, some grains, smaller portions of sweets, and so on.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

but you asked what your macros should be and the post above said either go with the MFP recommendations, or use the ones suggested above. how much simpler did you want???