A girl needs a drink....

Options
Lol, how are you logging the alcohol? I don’t drink anything really but water. However, on the weekends I like a Seagrams cooler with dinner..

Replies

• rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Depends how much I'm drinking . . . if it's a drink with dinner at home, I can scan the barcode right then. If it's a night out indulging, normally I search the database the next day and enter as close an approximation as I can remember, hah, since it's unlikely I'm going to be meticulously logging as I go. Of course, the more accurately you log, the better you'll have a handle on what's going into your body & your calorie intake.

They seem to have a pretty good variety of alcoholic beverages in the database already, which is helpful.

Also: Love the GoT reference.
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Log it just like every other food, calories are labelled on the cans/bottles.

I drank 13 beer two weeks ago (over 2000 calories), and I offset that the next few days by eating a little less and exercising a little more. By the end of the week, it's like it never even happened.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Just log it :smile:
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I log it like regular food. I've found that the database is surprisingly accurate for a variety of craft beers and straight liquor. I use the USDA listing for wine.

Unless I'm at a beer or a wine flight, though, alcohol *only* gets worked in if I've eaten relatively decently for the day, and have the calories left for a vodka tonic or a glass of wine. The exception being if it's been a crappy day, and I want a drink. In those situations, I log the alcohol first, and then find food that works around it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Same way I log everything else with calories. If you can't find an entry look the info up online and create a food.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    I used to have one of my meals named, "Drinks, desserts, and snacks."

Log it and move on.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    GoalGal50 wrote: »
    Lol, how are you logging the alcohol? I don’t drink anything really but water. However, on the weekends I like a Seagrams cooler with dinner..

I don't understand the question. You log it the way you log any other item you consume that has calories. If you are drinking something that has a label on it, like a wine cooler (I didn't even know they made those anymore) then you scan the bar code. If you are making a cocktail, then you can enter the ingredients separately - some mixers have more calories than the alcohol itself.

What specifically are you confused about?
  • brtgl
    brtgl Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I’m passing on alcohol 100%.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Log it and move on.

I have a separate one for drinks and for snacks. Drinks isn't supposed to be just alcohol, but outside of a protein shake, anything I drink without alcohol is pretty much zero calories and I don't log it, so yeah, drinks is pretty much just alcohol for me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I don't understand the question. You log it the way you log any other item you consume that has calories. If you are drinking something that has a label on it, like a wine cooler (I didn't even know they made those anymore) then you scan the bar code. If you are making a cocktail, then you can enter the ingredients separately - some mixers have more calories than the alcohol itself.

What specifically are you confused about?

Yep. That^^
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I log the calories just as I would everything else.

There is nothing "bad" about alcohol or any other food. It's a source of energy and nutrients.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options

Log it and move on.

I have a separate one for drinks and for snacks. Drinks isn't supposed to be just alcohol, but outside of a protein shake, anything I drink without alcohol is pretty much zero calories and I don't log it, so yeah, drinks is pretty much just alcohol for me.

When I quit drinking alcohol I made it my mission to force all those items off my recents list. It took a while...!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I gave up alcohol last year and still going strong. Don't miss it at all.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Just the same as anything else.. if I’m at a restaurant and I don’t know the exact amount I just pick something that’s close enough
  • GoalGal50
    GoalGal50 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all!!! I actually found the Seagrams Escapes coolers in the food database on the website. Now, I just log it under dinner. I was surprised to see that the we’re only about 200-225 calories. Obviously, the sugar is up there, but that’s ok