Tips to maintain/minimise gain on 2 week holiday

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I know all about slow weight loss and I know only too well how you feel about the forthcoming holiday....I'm home a fortnight from two weeks cruising and despite walking miles and miles each day, hitting the gym and saying no thanks to bread I gained 6 lbs! I don't know how much I wouldn't have gained had I ate everything I wanted! And believe me I was keeping an eye on everything...but you have to remember you saved for a great holiday and what's the point in not enjoying the pleasure of yummy meals? it's only two weeks, you enjoy it then you get back on track the second you come home. Half my holiday gain is gone and I feel sure in another two weeks I'll be at pre holiday weight :) so you have no need to stress, go and have yourselves an awesome time - Greece is fabulous! The islands especially, Rhodes, Corfu, Santorini..ahhhh some great memories from there :-D
  • Clare291174
    Clare291174 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is hard when you have lost slowly and you aren't at goal yet. I only wanted to lose between 10 and 14lbs and as I say with daily intensive workouts and really strict portion control etc its been a slow slog. Some weeks I haven't even lost so am nervous that if eat a bit more am gonna gain. But, I have been on hols before in the midst of or just after a diet and agree the only thing you can do is make sensible choices as much as can but have a few blow outs, keep Up the exercise and get back on track when home. We have been to a few Greek islands before, this time it's Skiathos which I hear is beautiful. I owe it to myself, my husband and 2 kids to relax and have fun, I just don't want that nagging voice of worry about gain to get in the way too much.