Options
2»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    You can get a variety of adjustable dumbbells from Amazon, such as this set with a case:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WSFSGC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B071WSFSGC&pd_rd_wg=0QnmY&pd_rd_r=BNSP1Y4HHYFMYBZC7SPV&pd_rd_w=zU5G0

$50, and they store away nicely, but they are kind of a pain in the butt, especially if you are supersetting, so your would have to not only consider what muscles are being worked in a superset, but also make sure that they take the same weight (or just work in bodyweight exercises). Constantly switching the weights gets old really fast, but on the upside you can hide them under the couch.

I was going to say I was hoping for more weight but I see you can add all the weight to one bar if you want. I guess 40 isnt so bad. I have a 20lb kettlebell right now and I want to work up to something harder and easier to do exercises with. Kettlebells are great but not *as* versatile to me as dumbells or barbells. Thank you for linking me. :)

Please explain, what dumbbell exercise cannot be done with KBells?

Kettlebell as in one. and if I lift it with one hand it hits me in my arm... I cant exactly do quick reps with it without hurting myself. 20lbs is heavy for me for one hand.
    0. You didn't say which exercise, but I'm assuming curls(which is an auxillery and not a primary strength exercise)

1. Don't do quick reps
    2. Work on your grip, and then you won't have to worry about it "hitting you in the arm"
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You can get a variety of adjustable dumbbells from Amazon, such as this set with a case:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WSFSGC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B071WSFSGC&pd_rd_wg=0QnmY&pd_rd_r=BNSP1Y4HHYFMYBZC7SPV&pd_rd_w=zU5G0

$50, and they store away nicely, but they are kind of a pain in the butt, especially if you are supersetting, so your would have to not only consider what muscles are being worked in a superset, but also make sure that they take the same weight (or just work in bodyweight exercises). Constantly switching the weights gets old really fast, but on the upside you can hide them under the couch.

I was going to say I was hoping for more weight but I see you can add all the weight to one bar if you want. I guess 40 isnt so bad. I have a 20lb kettlebell right now and I want to work up to something harder and easier to do exercises with. Kettlebells are great but not *as* versatile to me as dumbells or barbells. Thank you for linking me. :)

Please explain, what dumbbell exercise cannot be done with KBells?

Kettlebell as in one. and if I lift it with one hand it hits me in my arm... I cant exactly do quick reps with it without hurting myself. 20lbs is heavy for me for one hand.
    0. You didn't say which exercise, but I'm assuming curls(which is an auxillery and not a primary strength exercise)

1. Don't do quick reps
    2. Work on your grip, and then you won't have to worry about it "hitting you in the arm"

It's not so much grip as my wrist straining badly. I don't think I should risk injury to make people happy. I get severe pain in my wrist just from writing. Now I cant explain why but dumbells dont seem to put as much strain. Maybe because the weight is spread to the sides vs the middle of my hand while I lift or something but I couldnt say. However, I am thought to have an autoimmune disease and I don't know which one yet and haven't had my joints looked at closely yet either so I kind of am weary about just letting the thing wack my arm while I figure it out. I broke my ankle in 3 places, dislocated it and injured the tendons walking on solid ground and now I have 8 screws a plate and a wire in it. I'm 27 so I'd like to keep my wrists in tact lol