Beer Poll

JustSomeEm
JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
edited February 2018 in Chit-Chat
I saw a cookie poll, and that made me wonder what beer everyone likes best. Porter? Ale? IPA? Something else? What brand is your favorite? Do you make your own? Inquiring minds want to know....

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    I like a nice nutty ale... and sometimes I make my own.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I like all kinds of beers. Have made my own, but just never enough time to really get into it. I am not pretentious about it all really and drink my Bud Light often, which I find light, cool, and refreshing for a daily drinker. But I do loves me sum IPA Hop and dark and hearty stouts and porters.

Just out of Gunniess season and heading into this:

Twilight_web.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I got this one for Christmas. I had heard great things about it for a while and someone finally sent me one. It was great!
    7la9m6gdtf3c.jpg
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    Brown or Amber ales. Newcastle has always been my favorite.
  • NenaPunPun2241
    NenaPunPun2241 Posts: 73 Member
    I don’t like beer but I do like hard cider
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    My beer taste definitely changes depending on the season, from stouts/porters in the winter (some local breweries make exceptional 'milk stouts'), brown ales in the spring and fall (including oktoberfest beers), to pale lagers (especially pilsners) in the summer.

I have a categorical dislike of common domestics. Most of my beer purchases are from local craft operations.

IMO, hops are a side-attraction of beers--they shouldn't be the strongest flavor present. That's why (with a few exceptions) I don't do IPAs.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I enjoy Mexican imports like Corona and Modelo
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Seriously doesn't anybody drink mildly flavored, easy to come by, priced to sell, mass produced swill anymore? I know, I know. You guys will just never admit to it.

If you're getting trashed, the mass-produced stuff is the way to go. That has its place in society, I suppose. Just not for me.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited February 2018
    Seriously doesn't anybody drink mildly flavored, easy to come by, priced to sell, mass produced swill anymore? I know, I know. You guys will just never admit to it.

The Budweiser brewery is located in St.Louis so yes, I also drink Bud. No shame.
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    I'm really into stouts right now.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Root Beer.

Actually, Hansen Diet Root Beer.
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    I like Bud Select 55.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Post Reported.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I like IPAs in the winter but prefer lighter beers in the heat of summer...usually Victoria or Pacifico with some lime.
  • Michelob Ultra here.......just normal, not into any of the others........