Help!

Hi I’m new to fitness pal and I have set my calories at 1,000 per day but I want to tweak my other goals to low fat low carb and high protein! But can anybody tell me what percentages I need to set it to for each! Thank you!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    MFP should not allow you to set your calories at 1000. 1200 is minimum allowed on this site.

Low carb and low fat is a bad combo. Why not use the MFP defaults of 40% carb, 30% fat, 30% protein and see how that works. As you learn what macros are most satiating for you, you could tweak them then.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    2 things I'd question in your position:
    1. 1000 cal/day is probably too low (unless you're exceptionally small); and
    2. Restricting fat AND carbs? If I were you I'd focus on restricting just one.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Iif you're new, let MFP set the calorie target for you, and if you're tracking macros, start with MFP's default. You can't have both low fat and low carb. Both eating too little and eating unbalanced, is unhealthy and boring, and you get no extra points for suffering or risking your health.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,342 Member
    MFP should not allow you to set your calories at 1000. 1200 is minimum allowed on this site.

Low carb and low fat is a bad combo. Why not use the MFP defaults of 40% carb, 30% fat, 30% protein and see how that works. As you learn what macros are most satiating for you, you could tweak them then.

The MFP defaults are 50/30/20.