Who's in their 60's and have 50+ pounds to lose?

Positive thinking, taking it one day at a time and loving life!

Replies

• ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Me
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    I’m 65 and would like to lose 50 to 55lbs but am struggling need to get my head round portion size, and comfort eating
  • rosemarie5454
    rosemarie5454 Posts: 2 Member
    I am 63 and have 60 pounds to lose. Just starting a plan with Dalewood Health clinic, registered dieticians. I have a year to lose it. That works out to just slightly more than a pound a week. I hope I can stay focused that long. They provide lots of support, so I hope that helps.
  • 49pam
    49pam Posts: 2 Member
    I am 68 and would like to loose 60 pounds. Struggled all my life this is a another new day.
  • z3dreamer
    z3dreamer Posts: 26 Member
    Will power my friend. At most times in my life, my own health has not been a priority. Hence, I got up to 317. Began making my health my priority. Slowly, began reading, learning, finding healthy foods I liked. Began exercising. Lost 65 pounds and stayed at that level for a few years. After Thanksgiving 2017, I weighed 253.2. Began logging meals, counting calories and exercising almost daily. It is my obsession. This AM, 231.6. A combined loss of 85 pounds. 10 more and I will no longer be considered obese (221 pounds). Another 5 and it will be 100 pounds shed. I am 60 years old.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,525 Member
    Hope this helps you. Starting at age 56, I lost 40lbs. Haven’t gained it back. I’m 67. It can be done.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    I lost 50lbs at 53, at a time when I had severe mobility issues and couldn’t exercise at all. 2 years later I’m BMI 25 and averaging about 6-7 hours of cardio and strength training a week.

You just need the right motivation. Mine was wanting to avoid another back operation. :)