Getting more serious with MFP

Options
digidoomed
digidoomed Posts: 151 Member
edited February 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! I've been on MFP for a while but never came on these forums. I've lost 11lbs since I started my fitness journey, and I'm going to start buckling down as I did get lazy for a bit, but I've fixed my goals and plan to work harder than I was before to get down to 140. Recently bought a food scale so I can know for sure how much I'm eating. If anyone wants to be friends and exchange advice from time to time, that would be great! Also anything I should expect during my journey or advice how to get past those times I might feel less than motivated would be cool! How is everyone?

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Something to expect: Weight loss is not linear, so it's okay if things seem to slow down a bit or if you're up a pound or two one day. Just keep doing the right things and the weight will drop off eventually.

Something I did when I wasn't motivated to 'keep it up': I took a diet break and ate at maintenance for a while. I also challenged myself to do things I couldn't before. I took up running, because that meant i got to eat more... then I fell in love with running, so kept it up and still got to eat more. I love food, I love running, so win-win. :)

You've got this!
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome digi! :)

Yeah exactly what @JustSomeEm plus what I've learnt is to be consistent and not be too hard on yourself. Also there is NO bad food just bad portions. If you are fancying a cake, then cut a small portion off, weigh it to the exact gram and log it...as long as you are under your calories you are golden.

Everyone is great here so enjoy your stay and lose that fat and build some muscle! :smiley:
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    My best advice would be to remember that weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. Create a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight. Don't get pulled into fads and gimmicks.